69. If she wants to marry the twit, let her

"Cissy, please give it a rest. Staring at that damn map won't make him show up again. Maybe it was just a fluke anyway." James Mulligan's voice was soft but insistent.

"You don't understand, Jay. This map is never wrong, never! There is somewhere a boy out there that is a Malfoy."

"I understand, dear." he stepped behind her tenderly slinging his arms around her, "But what will happen, when he realises it? What will happen, if it turns out he is Lucius first born and Draco would be left with nothing? Do you want that?"

She trembled in his arms. This thought had never crossed her mind. She had just assumed that the person in question would be somehow related to the House of Malfoy via a side line. The possibility of Lucius having been unfaithful... No, he wouldn't bring such shame on the family name. Though this also meant that, if her husband really was the father, it must have happened before they got married. As that had happened more or less straight after leaving school Lucius must have... No, she didn't want to think about the implications.

"Cissy, come." James lead her slowly from the room.

As they were having tea in the main sitting room, Narcissa Malfoy was leaning her head against his shoulder as she had done so often during their secret meetings when they were still teenagers.

"You really think it could be Lucius?" she whispered.

"Yes. I wouldn't put it past him."

"But you of all people know that we got married only four months after leaving school."

"I know, but his reputation then wasn't any better than later on, was it?"

No, she had to agree with this. Her husband had been the known player in Slytherin House. Would he have risked to get a house mate pregnant? No, he had been not known to be reckless enough to risk that. So, if it was his son, how and when was he conceived? And more importantly by whom? Who was the mother to the boy?

Too many questions and no answer. She sighed.

                                                  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Harry stood a bit embarrassed in front of the official who was going to marry him to Ginny while trying to button his shirt. His hair was an even greater mess than usual, but that was really the least of his worries right now. What would her parents say once they found out about this? What would Ron say? He didn't even want to think about George, Bill, Charlie or Percy, but then suddenly Hermione's face appeared before him. She was smiling, in a sad way. For a moment he was wondering why she wouldn't be happy for him to marry the lovely witch next to him. Her voice was whispering in his ears. Strange. He concentrated on the actual words and it sounded like "Ask her." What was he supposed to ask Ginny? If she wanted to marry him? She obviously wanted to and he had already asked her five months ago. What was this all about?

A deep male voice interrupted his thoughts.

"As we can assume you're here for a quick uncomplicated affair I'm not going to linger on the usual formalities. Please take each others right hand." he cleared his throat as Harry hesitantly took Ginny's hand, trying to smile, "Do you Harry James Potter want to take the here present Ginevra Weasley as your lawful wife?"

"Yes," he coughed as he was trying to adjust his bow tie, "I do."

"Do you Ginevra Weasley want to take the here present Harry James Potter to your lawful husband?"

Ginny was about to answer when the door burst open and a tall, dark skinned wizard in a travelling cloak stormed in.

"No, she doesn't!" he yelled.

Harry ever so slowly turned around to see Blaise Zabini striding towards them. His next glance was on his bride's face, it was displaying the shock she was clearly experiencing.

"She can't marry him. She's already married."

The official was seemingly used to strange occurrences during his services. He didn't so much as flinch or show the hint of surprise at the sudden interruption.

"Do you have any proof for this claim, young man?"

Blaise had reached the couple and handed a piece of parchment over. His lips had touched Ginny's cheek before she could shrink away. Harry just looked stunned at the scene before him and hoped he was going to wake up every minute now. This was the worst nightmare he'd ever had, by far.

While the document was scrutinised a winning smile was flashed by the intruder at the bride who in turn was about to swing another right hook only to find her wrist having been caught be a gentle but strong hand.

"Don't you dare punch your husband, dear."

"Husband?" Ginny screeched, "I'll give you husband in a minute! Let me go! You've not right to be here. Harry is the only man..."

A smirk formed on Blaise' face as he pulled her closer.

"Harry is the only man that doesn't know yet about what you did on Christmas Day."

Confused green eyes were observing the witch and wizard before them. What was going on here?

"What is he talking about, Ginny?"

She blushed, not just a slight colouring, no, her face was the deep red of utter embarrassment.

"I haven't... he did... nothing happened... I was..."

"Nothing happened? Dear, you disappoint me. Let me refresh your memory." he turned to his ex-classmate and drooled, "I'll show you what she did, Potter."

He pulled the rather reluctant witch into a tight embrace, her hands trapped against his chest, crashing his mouth onto hers. The intended groom paled. After only a few moments he could see her relax into the other wizard's body, her returning his advances.

This was the moment the wizard that had been supposed to marry Harry to the girl he had loved for years now was yet again clearing his throat loudly. Blaise slowly pulled back and tenderly tugged a strand of Ginny's hair behind her ear.

"This seems to be all in order. Which of course leaves the question how Mrs. Zabini here could pass the test confirming her to be still single when she was actually already married to Mr. Zabini."

"Ginny?" it was a mere whisper.

The only witch in the room realised what had just happened and buried her face in her hands. Then she surfaced a few heartbeats later looking at her fiancé, smiled, punched Blaise with such force that he staggered back and yelled, "Don't you dare come near me ever again, Blaise Zabini!"

A moment later she disapparated.