12. "He disnae ken? How?"

A/N A big thankyou to all of you who have commented, fan-ed and voted. I'm still getting used to writing here, so any comments are most welcome.

=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Draco arrived in the entrance hall of Malfoy Manor, dread filling his heart. If Hermione had really come here and found out where he had taken her, she would never again trust him.

“Janas.”

A house elf appeared.

“Master?”

“Has anybody come to the house while I was away?”

“Yes, Master.”

“Who?”

“Miss comes here every morning.”

He stared at the creature before him.

“She comes here every morning?”

“Yes, Master, every morning. She lies on Master's bed and then leaves.”

“Has she ever been anywhere in the house except my room?”

“No, Master, we locked the door after she came first time.”

'Thank Merlin!'

“And she has never done anything except lie on the bed?”

“She sometimes smell Master's clothing.”

'She did what?'

“Why would she do that?”

Shrugging shoulders.

“Is she still here?”

“No, Master, left before Master arrived.”

He sighed. She was probably back at Potter's place by now, if she did this kind of thing every morning.

“I'll call you, should I need you.”

“Yes, Master.”

The elf bowed and disapparated.

Draco climbed the large staircase to the first floor and turned right to reach his room. As he reached the doors he suddenly realised, that he didn't have his wand.

“Janas.”

“Yes, Master?”

“I need my doors unlocked.”

A quick flick of her wrist and Draco heard the door unbolt.

“I think, my wand is still in St. Mungo's. Retrieved it for me, will you.”

“Yes, Master.”

He went into his bedroom and noted at once, that somebody had been lying on his bed. The pillows were piled together in the middle, the cover was crumpled and his wand was lying on the night stand. He blinked. She had brought his wand back with her?

A moment later Janas popped into existence next to him.

“Master's wand...”

“Yes, I found it.”

The low bow and he was alone again.

Lost in thoughts he picked up one of the pillows and hid his face in it. It smelled of her! He grinned. That was, why she had been amongst his clothing, she could smell him in them. And now he was doing the same thing.

He put the pillow back onto the bed. He would have loved to stay for longer and loose himself in the memories this room brought, but he had to find her. If she had gone back to Potter's place, fine, but if she hadn't, well, she couldn't hide from him forever. There was a chat they need to have, that was more than overdue and he would be damned, if he let her slip away yet again.