24. "I have been thinking."

A big THANKS to all of you readers that faned, commented and voted. It means a lot to me to hear your thoughts about this story.

Enjoy the next chapter! 

                                                      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

During the next week Hermione started to mutate into a vampire in regards to her sleeping habits. During the night she was mostly up trying her best not to be sick only to loose this battle more often than not. She would then sleep at least until midday and after trying to have lunch she managed to be awake and not sick for most of the afternoon before needing a rest yet again.

Draco became more concerned by the day. He had been through the entire book he had Blaise look at, but it didn't really do anything to disperse his fears. He felt helpless and hated every moment of it. He was so used to be in control that this situation made him doubt his own sanity at times. In addition to the worry about his girl he had also the worries that his planned trip to Scotland would have to be postponed due to her being too sick to get there.

He had bought a house in Edinburgh, 69 Ulster Crescent. It was a bungalow with a nice garden, a green behind the house and a good view up to Arthur's Seat. It was in the middle of Muggle Edinburgh, but he didn't want anybody to find them so he would have to put up with this fact. He had been up twice, once for looking at the house and signing all the paperwork and the second time to engulf the premises with protective spells. The next day he had sent one of the house elf to clean and look after the house until they would be arriving.

He sat in the breakfast room, worrying yet again how often Hermione had been really rushing to the loo last night. He had found out that she didn't always tell him what had been going on while he succumbed to sleep. She had developed the practice of being somewhat economical with the truth what this concerned and he hated it.

Why did she feel the need to lie to him about it? Why couldn't she just tell him what was really going on?

The door opened and Hermione's head appeared.

"Morning."

She sounded as if she was still half asleep. He got up and went to her.

Embracing her gently he whispered, "You look like death on socks, love."

She looked up at him. He had so far never used any endearments when addressing her. What did it mean, that he had used it now?

'You are making something out off nothing!' She told herself.

"How often have you been up last night?"

She didn't answer straight away.

He looked into her eyes. They were dark and sleepy, but he could also see the hidden fire within them. He had felt this fire burning him. It was all consuming. He smiled to himself.

"Draco?"

He returned from his memories and saw her once more. This time his face became serious.

"Hermione, I know, you don't tell me the truth about your nights. I know, that you are up far more often than you let on. And it has to stop! I want to know the truth. I have a right to know the truth. I am as much part of this child as you are."

She bit her bottom lip.

"Please, don't exclude me. I know this whole situation is not easy for you, but I want to try my best to make it better for you. I can't do that, if you don't let me help you. If you are up all night then so shall I. I have sworn to be a real father to our child, Hermione. How can I do that, if you don't allow me to know what is really happening?"

She didn't answer. The gaze she gave him told him that she was aware of his pain and that she was causing it. She didn't want to do that. She wanted him to be happy. He had been nothing but sweet and supportive towards her. He didn't demand anything and put up with her raging hormones without complaining. To her surprise he had turned out to be a rather serious and genuine human being. Somebody she could trust without asking questions. She knew, he would never do anything to hurt her deliberately ever again.

He truly loved her.

"I am sorry." She muttered.

"Just talk to me, okay."

She nodded. Feeling his fingers under her chin she looked up. His grey eyes were clouded. Desire was swirling in his gaze. He slowly dipped down and kissed her.