43. "You know that you are horrible?"

A feeling of warmth and contentment engulfed her as Hermione awoke. Happily sighing she slowly opened her eyes. There was a smouldering gaze aimed at her. Another sigh escaped her. Draco leisurely run his fingers over her side.

"I love you, Hermione."

She allowed herself to be caught by the feeling he had proclaimed. It was clearly visible in the light grey colour of his eyes.

"I love you, too, Draco."

Her hand cupped his face. A grin was tugging at the corners of his mouth. Remembering their shared passion of last night she blushed. Burying her face against his chest she tried to hide it from him.

"Not need to be shy."He kissed her hair. "Only you and me will ever know what we are doing to each other."

She raised her head to look at him.

"It's just... I've never done..."

His warm smile touched her heart.

"This is our life, Lea. Just be yourself."

There was a long pause of hesitation.

"What, if I'm not what you want?"

He sighed and pulled her close to his body, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"You are the only one I want." His voice dropped to a whisper. "You are the only one that would be prepared to be with me."

"Oh, Draco."

She kissed him. This kiss was soft and caring. She tried to show him what he meant to her. After several minutes of tender interaction it was her to draw back first. Leaning her forehead against his she heard him sigh contentedly.

"I have been doing some research into the reversal of memories erased by using the Obliviate spell. It didn't sound to difficult, but I'm not sure I could do that on my own."

"I don't expect you to do it on your own or do it at all for that matter. They are my parents..."

"And that is why I'm not going to let you try it on your own."

She drew a face and he laughed.

"Seriously, Hermione, we have a far better chance to succeed, if we are working together. Have you thought about using the counter curse or do you want to try the potion as well?"

Opening her mouth to answer she suddenly realised that she hadn't known that there was a potion that could also been used.

"There is a potion?"

"Yes. It's quite complicated, but not impossible."

"How does it work?" Her curiosity had been roused.

"Well, once the person with the modified memory has drank it the next thing they need to see is something or somebody that is related to the lost memories. Like in this case, you. The person will be extremely confused for a few moments and then..."

"What? What will happen then?"

"If it has worked, they will be the same as before you send them away. If it doesn't work..."

He averted his eyes from her.

"What? What will happen, if it doesn't work?"

"Well... Then they will have no memories whatsoever. It will be as if they have just been born."

A horrified look was contorting her face into a shocked façade.

"I'm sorry. It might be too dangerous for us to try..."

"NO! We are going to brew this potion and then we are going to... to..." She buried her head against his chest again. Moments later he was gently rubbing her back as she sobbed. 

                                         +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Malfoy Manor lay peaceful in the midday sun. The leafs were shining in glorious red, orange and yellow colours. There was a soft breath that reminded the two walkers that autumn was in full swing and winter would soon follow.

They had been strolling around the grounds for the most part of the morning. There were a thousand things they should be discussing, but instead they had both hardly spoken at all.

"James." Narcissa stopped and took his hands in hers. "Why are you here? Why have you come now?"

"I am working on a case that is involving your son."

"He hasn't done anythi...!"

"No, of course not. He could be in danger though."

He gave her a stern look.

"I don't think that I have to remind you why you were in St. Mungo's for the best part of two months, do I? Somebody is out to get you both and also Hermione Granger. We have got hold of Rita Skeeter and two of her accomplices, but that Parkinson girl is still on the loose. She has nearly killed a guy, Narcissa. I don't know, what's going on in her head, but it's not good. That's for sure."

They resumed their walk, but she didn't let go of his hand.

"Narcissa, I know that you would never consider leaving Lucius, but I don't care how long it takes, until he..." Soft fingers silenced him.

"James, we had an arranged marriage. I can't leave him," she caressed his cheek, "but I'm glad that you are here." she said gently.

"I should have wrung his bloody neck when I had the chance."

"Then I would have been without you as well. And it would have been a lot worse. There would have been no hope."

"Is there hope, Cissy?"

"There is always hope, Jay."