37. What has that thing done to me?

Dearest Readers!

Thanks for all the comments, they are much appriciated.

Just keep commenting, voring and fan-ing. Spread the word, if you like this story. That would be great.

Enjoy the latest chapter! 

                                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

After her fainting in the hospital Hermione never made it to Harry that evening after all. Draco insisted on her lying on a couch by the fire.

She had tried to protest, but he had just ignored her. Taking a seat in the corner of the comfy furniture he had pulled her down so that she would sit in front of him. As hard as she tried not to lean back and enjoy the heat radiating of his body she finally did after all.

She sighed. Why was it suddenly so hard to refuse him? Why did it feel too good to be true to just sit here with him? She felt his hand on her tummy, stroking lazily over the fabric of her jumper. His lips caressed her hair. Merlin! He was oozing sensuality without even trying. No wonder all the girls at school had been swooning over him.

She closed her eyes, concentrating on feeling his body next to her own. He was lean and she doubted that he would ever bulk out like Ron had done over time. Ron was so different from Draco. Her fiancé was the classic Seeker, Ron was built for anything but. For a moment she wondered, how he was doing. He had never been one for writing, but after she and Ginny had met him in the Leaky Cauldron... Did she still have feelings for him? No. Nothing that went past being friends in any case. There was only one man truly important in her life now: the wizard holding her in this very moment.

"What are you thinking?" She heard him whisper.

"That Ron is not built for being Seeker, that you are slender but rather strong and that Ron will only ever be a friend to me."

"Hm-hm."

"And you?"

There was a rather long pause.

"I was wondering about that mark Mother had been talking to you about. What kind of mark? Where would it appear and why? If a Malfoy truly loves the mother of his children and is being loved back, there should be no need for anything like that. I mean, you are going to wear a wedding ring..."

"Yes, but all the other Malfoy couples would have been doing that as well. This must be to show that... that... I don't know. That they are special to each other?"

"Okay, but the couple would know that anyway." He frowned. "Do you think, that it will be somewhere openly visible?"

"I hope not."

"Me too. If you could choose the form of the mark, what would you choose?"

"You mean, what it would look like?"

"Yeah."

Hermione thought about that for a while. What kind of image, symbol or... She grinned. It was so obvious!

"A dragon."

Draco shifted to be able to look at her.

"A dragon? Seriously?"

"Yes. It's obvious, isn't it? It should be something that would be personifying you. You are Draco, a dragon."

"Oh."

She grinned. His face showed a bit more colour than usual suddenly.

"What about you? What would you choose?"

A big smirk appeared on my face.

"As you said, obviously it would be... a lion. A lioness to be precise."

They both laughed. Settling back to embrace his witch once more the young wizard closed his eyes contently. He had never been as happy as he was right now. The girl he loved was going to marry him, they were going to have a son and once his mother was back and Pansy caught they would be going back to their house in Edinburgh. He was looking forward to it.

                                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

George had only gone to the Burrow to ask if his mum and dad would want to come to his place for Sunday lunch. He had been about to open the back door into the kitchen when he heard the voices of his mother and sister.

"Mum! I'm not that stupid!"

"Hermione managed to get herself pregnant without meaning to. So, why are you so sure, that you are not..."

"Mum! I told you! I'm here to organise... Oh, never mind, if that is the only thing you are concerned about."

"Who is concerned about what?"

It was the voice of his dad that had joined the conversation in the kitchen now.

"Dad, I told mum that I wasn't thinking about having kids any time soon, but she thinks..."

"Pity."

"Arthur!"

"Dad!"

"I mean, there is lots of space in the house and as Bill and Fleur... There is also Teddy..."

"I don't believe this!"

"Ginny, dear, we know that you and Harry are a normal young couple. Children are just a normal progression..."

"That's it! You're both impossible!"

There were footsteps ascending the stairs and George was wondering, what exactly he had just heard. He turned and instead of entering the house went across the yard to the orchard.

He sat underneath one of the apple trees and started thinking. Ginny had come home to organise something. She was not pregnant as their mother had suspected. He pursed his lips. He very much doubted that his sister would tell her mother first that she... Not before she had spoken to Harry. Though, she wasn't, was she?

She wanted to organise something. What? What could she want to organise that Harry seemingly wasn't supposed to know about? Not a birthday party in any case. It would be another nine months before his next birthday. What else could she want to organise? He tried to wreck his brains but didn't come up with anything.

"Here you are."

He looked up. Alicia was standing only a few feet away from him.

"What are you doing here? Have you already spoken to your mum? Are they coming on Sunday?"

He took her hand and smiled.

"No. I haven't spoken to her as yet. Ginny is here."

His girlfriend looked at him.

"Ginny is here? I thought, she is somewhere in Europe with the Harpies."

"Officially she is. She came back to organise something."