22. The proudest son of the House of Salazar Slytherin

Draco had shown Hermione the house and the gardens the day before. After he had spoken to Potter. He knew, that he wouldn't let on about what he had been asked to find out. Especially not to a certain witch. And as soon as he had the information he needed, he would take her on that long holiday.

She was still sleeping as she had been sick twice last night. There didn't seem to be any pattern or rules for it. How could she put up with it? How come, she didn't blame him for it? How come, she just accepted it as a given, something that had to happen? Had she said, it would last another four to six weeks? How did she managed to put up with it?

He was sitting at his desk, going through the mail. He had found nothing really interesting so far. He opened another envelope. It was an invitation to a birthday party. Formal dress required? What kind of party... His eyes scanned for the sender. Pansy Parkinson.

'Yeah, right!'

She had some nerve after all she had told that Skeeter woman! A short flick of his wand and the offending item was no more. It took a minute before he noted the house elf next to his chair.

"Janas? What is it? How long have you been standing there?"

She bowed deep.

"Not wanting to disturb Master."

"What is it? Why are you here?"

"Master will be angry with Janas."

Draco stared at the creature before him. She was fidgeting with the hem of her tea cosy dress. He had never seen any of his house elves behalf like this.

"Will you be telling me any time soon or can I finish the mail first?"

"Master will be angry. Because of Miss."

'What?'

"Janas, will you stop this and TELL me what for Merlin's sake it is that is going to make me angry!"

"Master wants paper?"

"The newspaper? Yes."

"Master not to read paper. Lies, all lies."

"What have you done with my newspaper?"

"Nothing, Master."

She held the folded Daily Prophet up to him. He slowly took it. What lies had been printed now? He steeled himself for the worst and then unrolled the paper. He had one look at the headlines and was too shocked to do or say anything. He was just glad that his beloved witch was still asleep. If she saw this she would probably be doing something she might regret later.

Malfoy Heir has found solace in the arms of none other than Ginny Weasley

Today we can reveal, that the rather private and reclusive most eligible bachelor of wizarding society, Draco Malfoy, has been secretly having a liaison with none other than the youngest daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley.

They were seen together in St. Mungo's where Miss Weasley was comforting a rather distraught Mr. Malfoy. A source at the hospital let slip that they were both there to visit none other than the beloved war hero Hermione Granger. Miss Granger had been admitted after falling suddenly ill while visiting Mr. Malfoy at his home in Wiltshire. It has been rumoured that she was at Malfoy Manor to visit Miss Weasley.

Alas we have not been able to confirm the news of Mr. Malfoy having finally settled for a respectable witch in order to continue the family line. Miss Parkinson was most upset about the news that the wizard she regarded as being the man in her life has seemingly move on to pastures new without even informing her about his intentions.

Miss Weasley has only recently been announced as the latest Chaser joining the Holyhead Harpies. It has been rumoured, that she and the Malfoy heir have met at the Announcement Party and have been inseparable ever since. It is not known as yet, how Miss Weasley's public life will be develop once she has married into the Malfoy family. Convention would have her fulfilling a busy society schedule, which wouldn't leave much time for a professional career as Quidditch player.

It shows the changed ways of Mr. Malfoy, as it would have been thought impossible in the past for him to be involved with a witch from a working class background. Miss Weasley belongs to a family of purest blood even so this status seemed never really relevant to her family before. It might just proof the special something attracting Mr. Malfoy.

We will keep trying to get details about the society wedding of the year from the happy couple and inform are devoted readers as soon as we can obtain them.