61. PAIN! Excruciating, mind destroying, soul scorching pain.

Dearest Readers! 

I had managed to write a bit more this last days, but had to do it on 2 different computers. Result: I posted chapter 60/61 before chapter 59.

I've inserted it now... 

                                                 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

PAIN! Excruciating, mind destroying, soul scorching pain was rippling through him. He wanted to scream, but no sound left his lips. His eyes were wide open, but all he could see was utter darkness. He had gone back in time, he knew. He had gone back to the fateful day he had been coerced into proudly accepting his mark. How stupid he had been. The pain he had had to endure in order to be disfigured for the rest of his existence had been past anything imaginable.

'Let it stop! Merlin, just let it stop!'

His wish wasn't granted. The fire that was burning him inside out was making his lungs contract, every breath became a struggle against suffocation. His skin should have been peeling away from his flesh, his bones slowly breaking into tiny pieces or at least that was what it felt like. Something even tried to twist his magic that until now had always felt like a pure mountain stream into some foul smelling sewer. He knew that he had to resist, even if it killed him. There was no way he would allow the pureness of his magic being corrupted. He had seen what could happen if a wizard allowed it when his grand father had succumbed to the seductive lure of Dark Magic. It had transformed him into something utterly evil, something like Voldemort.

His grand mother had killed her husband one evening while he had been lying passed out in his study. No magic had been used though. She had been a clever woman. She knew that her magic would never be strong enough to penetrate his permanent shield charm. A long, sharp and well aimed kitchen knife had slid his throat and pierced his heart several times. It had been a bloodbath. Somewhere in the Manor was the room where his dead ancestor still sat in his chair. His wife had had the once magnificent doors burned and got the elves to brick up the opening.

With the last bit of mental strength still left in his body Draco had cast a concealing charm. His magical essence had been successfully hidden from the vile fingers looking for it. Voldemort had thought him utterly corrupted as he only saw his own powers but not his young victim's.

His body temperature was rising slowly but steadily. Soon it would be too high for him to survive. He would welcome death. He knew the peace it would bring. Eternal peace. Letting go of the world and saying goodbye to his mother his mind went blank and his heart slowed down. None of his dreams of freedom and happiness would come true now, but that wasn't important any longer. The only thing he cared about now was his escape, his escape from the pain trying to rip his soul to shreds.

Suddenly he felt warm and safe. He was lying in a bed with soft coverings. There was a girl by his side. He grinned to himself. He had never believed that there would be anything else awaiting him after his worldly demise, but seemingly there was. In fact, who or whatever the girl was that gently drew circles on his stomach made this place rather enjoyable to be at. Maybe he should check, if she was good looking as well. He wouldn't mind her being good looking.

As his eyes opened he had to fight hard as not to scream. It was Hermione Granger snuggled up to him. She was... naked, as was he his panicking mind told him. Before he could do or say anything though memories came flooding back. He blinked. She was his wife and he had never left her side all night. It had been a dream! He sharply exhaled. A concerned gaze hit him, her concerned gaze.

"Merlin, what a nightmare!"

"Are you okay, Draco?"

He nodded.

"I had a horrific nightmare. I was back here at the Manor when the Dark Lord made me one of his band of murderous lunatics." he shuddered.

"He's dead. He'll never come back ever again." her words were soothing some still active fear buried deep within him.

He hadn't had any nightmares since the Graduation Party. Sighing heavily he cradled her against his body, warm skin against warm skin.

"I love you, Hermione. I'll love to the day I'll die." he whispered into her ear.

She kissed his chin, "I love you too, Draco."