62. I admit I have stolen a kiss

To go on honeymoon was a time honoured tradition in the house of Malfoy. Draco wanted to go on honeymoon with his girl, with his wife. He wanted to get away from everything and have the opportunity to spend time with his wife to talk, laugh with her, go for long walks and be close to her without having to look over his shoulder permanently.

Hermione had told him that her parents had been on honeymoon in Paris for a fortnight. She would like to go there as well. Her new husband didn't. He had been a bit hazy about the reasons, but it all seemed to be boiling down to the fact that there would be too many people that could recognise him. He had been in Paris before...

They had been discussing options for the past half hour before a new suggestion was tabled for debate, Hamburg.

"Hamburg? You want to spend our honeymoon in Hamburg?" her voice conveyed her disappointment even so her expression hid it rather well.

Draco walked over to Hermione who stood next to his desk and wrapped his arms gently around her. Then he got hold of her waist and gently sat her onto the polished table top. Stepping to stand between her legs he took her into his arms again.

"Lea, anywhere in Britain, or Paris for that matter. people will know who you are, who I am." his grey eyes locked onto her brown ones, "I don't want to have to pretend to be somebody I'm not. I want to walk along the street with you and nobody takes any notice of us. I want to sit in the park..."

"In mid-December?"

"You know what I mean. I want to show all the world that you're with me, that you're my wife."

"Just not the magical part of it." Hermione tried to evade his gaze, but found herself unable to do so.

"Lea, please." he whispered, "Have you forgotten the look on the faces of nearly everybody at school last year? They've been disgusted to say the least that I had been allowed to return. I don't want you to endure the same treatment just because you're..."

Her finger silenced him. She knew what he was feeling and she had also to concede that he was right. Maybe going on honeymoon somewhere where there would be no chance of them meeting anybody they knew was the best solution after all. He had been refusing point blank her request to not honour tradition and go away together for some time. He had been suggesting a month, but had settled for a fortnight after a lengthy discussion. Knowing that once they were away he would have less trouble to persuade her to extend their stay.

"Do you actually speak German?" was her next enquiry.

He frowned. How was it that she managed to find any weak point in his plans without fail and way too easily?

"Well... I think we would get by."

"I take that as a no."

He sighed. She grinned. Trying to find a witty response he nearly missed her next words.

"What do I get when I say yes?" her husky voice resonated in his thoughts.

He grinned. He had hoped that she would relent sooner or later, but it had been a close call. "I promise you that we're not going to do anything but eat, sleep and make love the entire time."

"You promise?"

Warm lips were distracting his mind as Hermione brushed soft kisses over his jaw.

"I promise."

-pop-

"Master?"

'One of these days I'm going to...!'

Not turning to look at the house elf behind them Draco asked for the reason of the intrusion.

"Master Potter is downstairs. Wanting to talk to Master."

"What does Harry want from you?" dread was all too apparent in the few words of hers.

"No idea. Maybe some advice for his wedding night." he gave her a quick kiss and then motioned for the elf to lead him to his unexpected visitor leaving his blushing wife behind.

                                                            +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Harry saw his ex-enemy stride down the stairs and had the instant feeling of déjà vu. The young Malfoy was yet again clothed only in trousers with no shirt, no socks, his snow coloured hair ruffled. Yet again clearly displaying the signs of having been combed through by caressing fingers. He was wearing shoes this time round though.

"Potter? What can I do for you?"

A scowl was the immediate response. Draco didn't rise to the bait.

"Where is Zabini?"

'Oh oh! The one girl you shouldn't have been messing with, Blaise...'

"The last time I saw him he was playing cards with your sidekick, Shaklebolt and one of my wife's cousins. Why?"

"Because I'm going to break his ruddy neck! That's why."

A calculating look was directed at the face sporting the round glasses. The anger his wearer felt was clearly displaying on his normally calm features.

"And don't pretend you don't know what has been happening behind my back during the ball."

Holding his hands up the taller of the two young men was trying to think of an effective way to diffuse the situation.

"Don't try to stall! You know where the bastard is."

"Sorry to disappoint you, Potter, but no, I don't know where Blaise is. I don't know, if you recall the evenings events, but we left around midnight. That card game was still in full swing by then."

The red tinge on Harry's face didn't bode well.

"Harry." Hermione's voice sounded from the top of the stairs.

Both men turned to look at her as she was descending to where they were situated in the entrance hall. The simple jeans and jumper couldn't hide the glow that seemed to surround her.

"What are you doing here?"

No reply was forthcoming. She turned to her husband. "Draco?"

"He wants to know where Blaise is in order to give him a piece of his mind."

She knew right away that this was about Blaise having kissed Ginny at the Ball. She hadn't had a chance to talk with her friend about it properly, but that Harry was reacting like this didn't really surprise her.

"We haven't seen him since we left the ball..."

There wasn't any need for her to spell out for him what they had been doing and that the best man had been the last of their concerns the previous night. She was glared at as she was standing next to Draco who had put his arm around her shoulder.

"Fine. Tell him that he's dead meat when I get a hold of him."

He was gone before either of the couple could utter another word.

"I hope, Blaise has been brushing up on his shield charm and protective spells."

"That's not funny, Draco!"

"Do you see me laughing? Blaise has always been reckless when a girl has caught his attention like your friend has. He was nearly fed to a couple of werewolfs because of it during the summer."

She was shocked. The dark skinned wizard had always seemed so cool and distant in all the years she had known him. Seemingly there was another side to him, a hidden side.

"Come on, lets have breakfast." his hand lay lightly on her hip now.

She looked at him, grinning.

"What?"

"Don't you think you should get dressed properly first. Your mother will probably..."

His voice laced with mock indignation he cut her off, "There is nothing my mother hasn't..."

He stopped himself just in time. His wife just smirked at him.

"You...!" he said in a supposedly threatening tone, but it only made her laugh.

His strong arms pulled her against his bare chest making her wriggle and squirm as she pretended to want to escape. His eyes captured her gaze. It made her stomach knot and she stopped moving. She could feel the heat of his body. Her palms were pressed against his skin and deep within her pooled the liquid heat he seemed so adept at rousing. A kiss was feathered over her cheek. Closing her eyes she wanted to drown in the feeling of his soft lips. His voice whispered into her ear.

"I got you now, my proud little lioness. You're all mine and I won't let you get away ever again."

She kissed him openly in response.