71. Do I get the last wish of a dying man?

Dearest Readers,

I won't be able to upload anything before next tuesday the earliest.  I've to attend a conference for the next days and as it is work not leisure I don't know, if I'll find the time to write while away.
But for now, enjoy another chapter and let me know what you think.

                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

There were two witches slowly walking along the quiet corridor of St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. It wasn't visiting time yet and there were few patients out and about. It had taken Hermione nearly half an hour to convince Ginny to come to St. Mungo's with her. Especially as she couldn't tell her friend why she wanted her to accompany her there. Draco's owl asking his wife and her friend to come had been interrupting a rather hefty sobbing fit of the already drained younger witch.

Hermione stopped in front of a door and knocked. A moment later Draco's head appeared. He took in the fact that they both had come and opened the door as to admit them, but after Ginny had entered he slipped out and closed the door. Casting a silencing and locking charm he turned towards his wife.

"Thanks for getting her here." there was heartfelt relieve in his voice.

"What has happened, Draco? Ginny said something about having eloped with Harry in order to make Blaise see that he can't have her and that she kissed him. There was even something about a marriage certificate." her eyes were short before pleading, "What is going on?"

Gently pulling her into his arms Draco whispered, "Let's go somewhere private."

                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Ginny was somewhat confused that Draco had let her into the room just to leave it himself a moment later. She looked at the figure laying on the bed. First she had thought it was Harry feeling grateful for having some time with him alone, but then she had realised that the dark skin wasn't because of the sparse light in the room. It was because the person lying in the bed before her had dark skin.

"Blaise?" she more croaked then asked.

After a moment of hesitation his head turned and she could see his surprise.

"You?" he whispered.

There was only one thought in her mind suddenly, get out. To her utter shock she found the door locked. Rattling the door handle didn't change anything.

"You didn't want to come then." he remarks sarcastically.

She whirled round.

"Why would I want to come and see a rat like you?"

"Snake, if you don't mind."

"Mindless lowlife!"

Shock was showing on his face, just for a moment, but the insult she had flung at him had hit deeper than she probably realised. He didn't reply.

"I curse the day, I first lay eyes on you Blaise Zabini!"

Her temper was rising and he saw the slight red tinge on her cheeks. If he had still been willing to admit it he would have said that she looked especially lovely right in this very moment.

"Why couldn't you just keep your hands of me at the wedding? And why for Merlin's sake did you have..." she didn't get any further. In horror she watched him pull the covers back, slowly swing his legs over the edge of the bed and carefully set his feet onto the stone floor.

Taking a step back she knew she wouldn't get far as the door was closely behind her. Blaise was slowly advancing towards her. She took another step, he kept coming. Another step back let her feel the door handle pushing into her back. She moved slightly to the left to prevent it from digging into her spine. The dark skinned wizard had nearly reached her. Her gaze darted left and right, but his palms reached the surface behind her and with that caging her in before she could make a run for it.

Defiance was now all over her face. She was not going to bow down. She had grown up with six brothers and none of them had ever got the better of her. But the wizard before her wasn't her brother he wouldn't back off because of fear what their parents might say. He could and probably would do anything he pleased with her.

"Ginny." his voice was low. His breath was warm on her skin.

She didn't answer. His dark eyes kept hers focused on their own depth.

"You know what you feel." his cheek nearly brushed hers, nearly. "Why are you fighting it?"

She was too stunned to answer. Her heart was beating way too fast and she had been holding her breath for what felt like an hour. His soft lips touched her temple. She shuddered.

"Just let go, dearest, let go." his deep voice penetrated her soul.

She was feeling herself wanting to give in, wanting to just let go and enjoy what ever he had to offer. Though a small part of her couldn't, wouldn't give in, the part that loved Harry.

She felt him feather sweet caresses along her jaw. Oh, Merlin! How easy would it be to just allow him to sweep her away. His hands were moving down the wall until they reached the height of her hips. His touch was gentle. Strong fingers were now slowly travelling over the small of her back, pulling her closer. She gasped as her body hit his. The muscular frame pressing up against her radiated warmth and a promise she wanted to contemplate even less than anything else he had done so far.

"I love you, my fiery one." he cooed.

Blaise felt her resistance slipping, she was close to giving in. The only problem was, he had to wait until she actually did. He could coax, persuade, even lure but she had to make the final step.

Ginny closed her eyes, the close proximity of the young man holding her was intoxicating. She wanted to give in and find out what else he was capably of doing. For a moment she understood how Draco had managed to win Hermione perfectly. Did she want herself to be won by Blaise? Did she love... Her mind recoiled at this thought. NO! She didn't want to feel... But she did! Like the waves of a storm surge the realisation hit her that he had got under her skin so much deeper than she had thought possible. He had snaked himself into her unsuspecting heart and now she was left with the knowledge that the time where only one man ruled her world was gone forever. There would now always be the dark skinned Slytherin occupying part of her soul.

"Let go, Ginny." his words were a bare whisper but made her shudder, "Don't be afraid. Nobody can touch you when you're with me."

In a last desperate attempt her rational part was pointing out to her where she was. She was in a hospital. He was in a hospital and though she was only a visitor he was a patient. Why was he here? Where was Harry? Was he possibly also here? Had they both been...

"Where is Harry? What have you done to him?" her voice was surprisingly calm, but the barbed wire that was laced through her words would have cut steel.

Blaise knew his game was up.

"I have done nothing more to him than he did to me. We..." was there a good word to describe the fight they had had? Something that sounded less violent than it had been? No, he couldn't think of any.

"We fought after you disapparated. We stumbled and then I woke up here." trying to keep his voice level was a serious struggle.

An even bigger struggle was to keep a hold of her. He didn't want to miss the feeling her body conjured up within him. She felt so wonderful, close up and personal. The tips of her hair tickled the back of his hand. She had to tilt her head slightly upwards, if she wanted to see his face when she spoke to him. The thoughts about her delicious mouth and how her fingers would feel on his skin had to be banished into the back of his mind, if he wanted to keep his sanity.

"Is he here as well?"

"Yes, as far as I know. The healers said something like it."

Her emotions were slipping away from him. He knew, but he wasn't sure what to do about it. For a moment he was wondering what Draco would have done in a situation like this. He came up with a blank. He hadn't understood how his friend had managed to tame that fierce lioness that was now his wife in the first place. Somehow his fellow Slytherin knew something about the Griffindor girls that just eluded him. What was it that bound them willingly to a guy?

His head started to ache. The healers had told him to take it easy as his injuries had been serious. Blaise didn't note himself swaying slightly as he was fighting the growing pain.

"You okay?"

He blinked. There was as much concern in her eyes as there had been in her voice. Trying to nod turned out to be a bad choice as he felt nausea sweeping over him now. A low groan escaped him. The witch he had tried to win took charge and carefully lead him back to his bed. She was even helping him to lie down and tucked him in. It would have been wonderful under the right circumstances, which these were alas not.

"Why do you guys always have to play the hero?" the accusation in her words wasn't just aimed at him.

Holding on to her warm hand he closed his eyes. He was simple not in a good enough shape as yet to pursue her. He sighed. It would have been... There were too many would have beens in his life right now. It would have been nice to properly hook up with that Ravenclaw from the year below as well. Or not having to see all the bloodshed and death during the battle of Hogwarts.

He heard her footsteps slowly retreating from the bed.

"Please, don't go." he muttered, "Stay."

To his utter amazement she actually did. He felt her sitting down next to him. Through his lashes he observed her solemn face. It was so much more beautiful when she smiled.

"Do I get the last wish of a dying man?"

"You're not dying." she stated matter of factly.

"It feels like it though. Knowing that I'll have to endure a life without you feels like dying to me."

She shook her head, rolled her eyes and then smiled. He couldn't believe it. Her face lit up and hope was flooding back into his world.

"Why are Slytherins all so melodramatic all the time? If there was a price for the biggest drama queen one of you guys would win it hands down."

"Maybe we just feel deeper than other guys." a smirk was playing around his lips.

"Oh, please! Spare me!" she exclaimed.

"Slytherins are very deep and don't love easily. Our chosen one is..." he gazed at her trying to gage her reaction, "the most important person there is in our live."

There was a strange look on the witch's face. He wasn't entirely sure what it meant, but he'd just wait and find out.

"You love me?" she whispered, avoiding his eyes.

"Yes, I love you, Ginny." he felt butterflies in his stomach. A feeling he had never had before.

"You know that I'm engaged to Harry." she held up her hand to show her engagement ring.

"Yes, but that doesn't change the way I feel for you." the butterflies were joined by a battalion of ants.

"Why have you... In the past... Why now?" her words were telling him that she was struggling with herself.

"You were a Griffindor and not even in my own year."

"Not interesting enough in other words." Was that satisfaction in her words?

"There were too many other things distracting me to see what was really important for me."

The sound she made was dismissing his reason.

"It took Draco the best part of eight years to find what was right for him."

"Keep him out off this! He didn't go for a girl that was spoken for."

Blaise could feel that he was on the right track. Something within his words had... He didn't know how to define it, but that lovely girl sitting next to him was starting to loose her cool for some reason.

"Granger was the official girlfriend of your brother. She was as much spoken for as you are."

There was a red tinge starting to stain her cheeks. It made her even more adorable to him.

"I'm engaged." she really was loosing her cool.

"But you still kissed me. You," he pointed at her, "were kissing me. Not the other way around."

He could feel her temper rising.

"That was a mistake! I should have never done that."

"But you did." he replied softly.

"It doesn't matter any more. I'll not be doing it again anyway."

She was about to get up, but he caught hold of her shoulders and his gaze pierced her soul.

"Yes, yes you will." he whispered.

She felt herself being pulled down slowly. Bringing her hands up to resist his pull her palms touched the fabric of his pyjama. It made her loose track of his actions for just long enough so that Blaise managed to encircle her with his strong arms. Rolling onto his side he managed to manoeuvre her next to his body, her legs tangled over his.

There was the overwhelming urge to scream that run through the stunned witch, but before Ginny could think of anything she could do in order to escape him, Blaise was tenderly kissing her mouth.

It was like being thrown into ice cold water that was scorching the soul. She wanted to fight, wanted to get away, wanted to... Feel his hands holding her tight. His body heat made her shiver. The full lips roaming hers were knowingly teasing her to allow him access. There were no words to describe what she was feeling any longer. Her body seemed to be on fire. He was provoking her body to react to his caring ministrations in a way she had only ever known from... Her mind went blank. She was loosing herself in him.

It was Ginny who was demanding his submission as she fiercely kissed him. Blaise had never been kissed just like this. She was determined, but gentle at the same him. Her tongue wasn't battling with his it was playing a game only she knew how to win. Never in the past would he even have considered to surrender to a girl. He had been in charge and had made sure that who ever was with him knew it, not so with Ginny Weasley. He just let her rule him, followed her leads and tried his best to be what she wanted him to be.

It was insane and it couldn't last. They both knew it, but it didn't stop them.

As his simple pyjama was so much easier to unbutton it was him feeling her exploring fingers before he managed to get anywhere near her. Battling through a wardrobe's worth of clothing he finally reached his goal, her soft, cream coloured skin. The stifled moan he heard made his heart sing.

                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Ginny hadn't got a clue as to what time it was when she woke up. She knew that she needed to go. She could feel Blaise' arms holding her tight. It felt so different from when she woke up next to Harry. This was... different. There were no words that would be adequate to describe the feeling running through her right now.

His dark face was only about four inches away from hers. His slow breaths barely reached her skin. He looked so utterly peaceful. With a sigh she decided that it was time for her to leave.

As she reached the door she wasn't the least bit astonished to find it unlocked.

'One last look...'

He was still sleeping. She turned, walked back to the bed and caressed his forehead with her lips for a moment.

"Don't follow me, my brilliant one, don't do anything stupid." she whispered, "Have a happy life."

Then she left.

The door hadn't closed behind her yet as a single tear was running over the cheek of the wizard left behind.