June 2 (Part 2)

"I'm home, Lo. I'm home."

Lauren and Camila stood in the backyard holding one another, neither one ready to let go. Lauren had heard the words that came from Camila's mouth, but she still couldn't believe she was here; And as Camila began to pull back, Lauren let out a small whimper that caused a laugh to bubble up and out of the smaller girl's mouth.

"Hey baby," Camila whispered as her eyes met Lauren's, she balled Lauren's shirt in her fists not wanting to break all contact as she stepped back a little and took in the puffiness around her girlfriend's eyes.

Lauren swallowed and her chest shook as she held back more tears, "What are you-"

"Sofi went to camp," Camila said with a shrug. "Sofi went to camp and I couldn't wait until July, I couldn't just sit in California and miss you."

"Because I asked you to come home early?"

"I've had my plane ticket booked for at least a month."

There was a confusion in Lauren's face as she furrowed her brows, "You knew you were coming home early? So when I was in California you knew-"

"Remember when we were laying in bed and I was all, yeah a month and you got all flustered about why I said it the way I did?"

Lauren nodded her head while narrowing her eyes and Camila wondered if Lauren was mad, but when she looked at Lauren again there was a small smile on her face. "I can't believe you kept this from me, how did you get here from the airport?"

"Ally and Dinah."

"Those bitches," Lauren laughed. "They lied to me! I guess that explains why Dinah was so damn bubbly today."

"It does, Mani knew too," Camila giggled watching Lauren's face scrunch up. "Actually don't hate me, but," she hesitated for a second and took a step forward. "I wasn't even going to tell you I was home until tomorrow."

"I'm sorry, what!?" Lauren said a look on her face that was a mix of different emotions.

"I had a whole plan," Camila said quickly. "I was gonna hangout with Ally and Cheech and then come over in the morning, your Mom was gonna leave the key outside for me under the planter and I was gonna wake you up with pancakes and the song I just sang," she said laughing as she watched the realization come over Lauren's face.

"My parents knew?"

"Everyone but you knew," Camila said stepping forwards. "But after what happened this morning, I needed to see you, I needed to look you in the eye and tell you that you are worth loving and that you are beautiful and amazing and that I love you more than anything in this world, more than pizza, more than the sun and the moon."

"You haven't kissed me yet," Lauren whispered, closing the gap between them.

Camila leaned in, her lips grazing Lauren's, "Let's fix that, yeah?" She said as Lauren hummed a response against her lips. Slow and sweet, teeth and tongue. Lauren's hot breaths filling Camila's lungs.

"Say it again," Lauren said pulling back and Camila smiled and reached up to wipe the lone tear on Lauren's cheek.

"I'm home, Lo. I'm home."

"You're home," Lauren breathed a sigh of happiness and Camila smiled leaning in once more. 

"The future, our future starts right now."

---

Camila: You can come back now, but Lauren might try to murder you both for keeping my secret