Chapter Thirty Two

After two more weeks in this dreaded hospital with these four white walls and overwhelming smell of medicine, it was time for me to have brain surgery. I never thought I'd say that, although maybe they'll screw something up while they're in there and I won't have to deal with this anymore.

I shook my head. Even though it was just a thought, I hated that this is who I was now. Instead of being grateful for my life, I was depressed. I hate being like this. I hate that I can't be happy, when I have the world in front of me. I hadn't touched my phone since before the accident.

I didn't bother to go through all my notifications, I didn't feel like reading through all the hate I certainly gained, being told I should've died. I knew it was there, I just had to ignore it because I know there's people who actually care about me and love me, and don't hate me just because I'm with Michael, they're not childish.

"@Eli5SOS: hey guys. i'm alive. but i'm having brain surgery today, so um, cool ? see you on the other side."

My parents were already sitting on the couch in my room, half asleep and exhausted. I cringed at the thought of the medical bills they'd have. I felt terrible, I moved away from the little family I had left and didn't bother to stay in proper contact.

Michael suddenly walked in my room, along with the rest of the boys. I smiled, it's been awhile since I've seen Luke and Calum. They hadn't really visited me for more than a few minutes.

I was doing better now, I didn't feel as tired or weak, but all that was about to change. The doctors had already warned me about everything that could go wrong, all the things I'd have to deal with afterwards. I still questioned if I wanted to do this, but Ashton and Michael keep reassuring me.

"Hey Cal-Pal." I chuckled.

"You're so lucky I can't be mean to you right now." He rolled his eyes.

"Lukey-pookey, do you see how mean he is to me?"

"Lukey is gonna pukey." Luke laughed.

"Glad to have my silly babygirl back." Michael smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Now Lukey really is gonna pukey." He groaned.

"Oh, don't act like you're not this way with Kassie." Calum said, and then coveted his mouth.

"Kassie?" I said. "Does Luke Hemmings have a girlfriend that I wasn't aware of?!"

"I- um. Oh look at that, phone call, I should probably um- yeah." He stammered.

"Get back here you walking breadstick!" I shouted, but he already bolted out.

"They've been talking for awhile, they're not official yet. He's being a scaredey cat." Michael chuckled.

"The kid threw a tantrum when he found a mouse on the tour bus, he's afraid of the air." I laughed.

"I almost forgot about that. I still have the video." Ashton said.

"That was the best time. Michael, remember when you farted and got us kicked out of the restaurant?"

"Wait, what?" Ashton giggled. "Why wasn't I aware of this?"

"Because he's embarrassed about it. But it was absolutely hilarious." I laughed at the memory.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Michael blushed. "That reminds me, I went by your apartment to grab you some clothes, and I found the necklace I gave you that night."

"I literally never took it off. The only time I did was the day I got in the crash. I read something about showering with jewelry on and panicked that I'd ruin it." I smiled.  "I can't wear it for surgery, but I promise I'll wear it after I get out."