Chapter Seventeen

"Ashton?" I called out, after walking out of the tour bus door- it was raining, how cliche.

I ran the only way he could've went, and entered the cafe shop.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but did a boy who looks like this come by here?" I asked the person at the register, showing her his photo.

"Oh, yeah, he came in here and got a hot chocolate and then said it always cleared his thoughts."

"Did he say where he was going?" I asked.

"No, but he did head towards the park after he left." She said.

"Okay, thank you so much. Sorry to bother you, here's a tip." I said, dropping a few dollars in the jar.

I ran outside and headed towards the park, avoiding cars and random people.

I finally got to the entrance, looking around. I walked forever until I reached the playground. Ashton was sitting on a swing, drawing circles in the muddy mulch on the ground. His wet hair was slicked back and hit hot chocolate was in his hands.

"Ashton." I said, and he looked up at me with tear-stained eyes.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Ash, we were best friends. You helped me get through everything, you let me live with you. I'm going to help you through whatever this is." I said, sitting on the swing beside him.

"Eli, I'm sorry. The truth is, I got so angry with you after you got back with Michael. I was so afraid he would hurt you again, even though I know he's completely changed and he won't. He's my mate, but still, you were my best friend. I guess I just got so jealous after you came back and didn't even pay attention to me."

"Ashton, I'm so sorry." I said, sighing.

"No, it's fine. It's just me. A lot of it is the hate, and normally it doesn't bother me but it's about Audrey. Everytime one of us even gets close to having a girlfriend or someone to hold for more than two weeks, the hate scares them away. It's not even our fans, it's random people and media sites!" He said. "And it made me so angry to see those things about you just stop and Audrey get crapped on. This stupid article had stupid information and it looked like you were gold digging Michael, and I know you aren't."

"So Audrey... Left?"

"Of course she did." He sighed.

"Listen, you need to remember that you have somebody out there who is just for you. These girls who come and go and don't come back, it's a good thing they left. You'll know when the one who is truly meant for you comes. She'll stay." I smiled.

"Thanks, Eli. And I'm sorry, for all those things I said. I have no excuse or words to say besides I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I love you, Ash. Are you going to be my best friend again?" I laughed.

"Of course." He smiled, hugging me. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"Calm down, it's okay. Trust me, I know what it's like to go from one mood to another." I smiled.

We almost fell off of the swings, and we laughed.

"Let's go back to the bus, I'm soaking wet from the rain."

"Yeah, you have purple hair dye running down your face." Ashton laughed.

"Oops." I smiled, wiping it off.

We ran back to the bus, arms linked together. Once we reached the door I stopped, and gave him a big hug.

"Ash, you can tell me anything, you know that, right?" I sighed.

"I know."

"So you'd tell me if... You were getting depressed again?"

"I'm not. I promise you I'm not. I was sad, but I'm okay now. I promise." He said, holding my shoulders and looking me in the eyes.

"Okay. I love you, ash. Here's your phone back." I said, giving it to him.

We walked inside of the tour bus, and Michael ran to the door.

"What was all of that?!" Michael yelled.

"I'm sorry, Michael. I know that was completely unlike me, I promise it won't happen again. I'm fine now."

"You almost hit Eli with that phone thing!"

"Mike, chill. Let him be, it's fine." I said, walking in the bathroom to change my clothes and dry off.

"You sure you're okay?" I heard Calum ask.

"I will be." Ashton sighed.

"You're not over her, are you?" Michael asked.

"We only dated for a few weeks. So it's not a big deal." Ashton said.

"I wasn't talking about Audrey." He lowered his voice.

"Mike, I swear to you, I am completely over her. It's a big brother type of thing now. I promise."

"You're making a lot of promises today..." Michael said.

"Mike. I don't like her like that. She is one-hundred percent yours."

I changed into leggings and a sweatshirt, putting my hair in a high pony tail. I walked out of the door and jumped on Michael's back.

"Woo!" I yelled, and he started galloping like a horse.

"We're so weird." Michael laughed.

I hopped down, and laid on the floor.

"It's cold." I sighed, and Luke piled on top of me.

"You're warm!" He laughed.

"You're fat! Get off!"

I struggled to get out from under him, and then Ashton piled on, followed by Calum, and then Michael.

"Guys, I literally can't breath." I said, struggling for air.

No, I actually cannot breathe.

"GET OFF!" I yelled, and they finally got up.

"Sorry, I'm a fatty." Michael pouted.

I reached out my hands for him to help me up, and he pulled me up, hugging me after.

"You're not a fatty." I said, pulling his shirt up and poking his belly.

"Look at this! It's so fat!" He sighed.

"Mines fatter." I sighed.

"You are not fat." He said, pulling my shirt up, and I pulled it down immediately.

He frowned at me, and poked my belly.

"You have a little dough. I have an entire loaf of dough. You're not fat, okay?" He sighed.

"Fine. Let's nap."

We went to the back room, lying on the couch and watching the tv until I fell asleep in his arms.

---
a/n

wow I'm sad now that's really goals right there mMmmHHMMHMMMM thaSt soooOoOoiMe good goALS righT thEre

bye xoxo