Chapter Twenty Eight

For the first time in the series, this chapter is written in Michael's Point Of View. Be kind to his thoughts.

Today.

I was coming home today. I'm so excited to see my family, friends, and be more than elbow's length away from these 3 boys. But most importantly, I was excited to see Eli.

I was so nervous, also. I bought her a promise ring. It's my promise that I will stay loyal to her, and also that I won't go back into addiction. Not only for her, but for me. It tears me apart to think of how badly I hurt her, how often she must think and worry about it.

I'm horrible. I don't know why she loves me... but, she does. I'm happy that she's happy, and happy that I somehow make her happy. I was on my flight, so excited I could barely breathe. Calum was sat next to me, and Ashton and Luke were on the other side of the isle.

"I can't wait to sleep in my own bed." Calum said.

"Me too. Tour bus bunks and hotels are killing me." I groaned.

"Luke doesn't even use his bed for sleep." Ashton said from across the isle, and the man sat behind him raised an eyebrow and put headphones in.

I smirked, knowing it was probably true.

"Hey, come on now, it's my mum's house." Luke rolled his eyes. "She'll rip my lip ring out as soon as I get in there. You think she'll let me do anything but sleep in my room?"

"True. Liz keeps you in check, you should really just spend all of your time at her house. Maybe you wouldn't get into so much trouble." Ashton laughed.

"I don't get into trouble. I'm innocent!" Luke pouted.

Just then, the flight attendant walked by and Luke's eyes went straight to her ass.

"You just proved his entire point." I said.

"Shut up." He whined.

I swear to God, Luke has to be the most childish person I've ever met. And I've met lots of people.

I leaned against the uncomfortable plane wall, trying to get some sleep in. I didn't get any sleep last night, and honestly, I haven't had much sleep since we started tour. Which sucks, because there's so much that has to be done and so much energy required. I basically live off of Red Bull.

I wish it would literally give me wings, though.

I smiled a bit, thinking about Eli. How much I would hold her, how tightly I would hug her when she picked me up. I was excited to see my family too, of course. But I'm not gonna cuddle my mom and take naps with her, I'm not 5.

I can't wait to see her face when she sees the promise ring. It's a princess crown, with little tiny holographic gems all around the tips of it. I didn't even know what that was until the man at the counter told me all about the different styles, colors, and shapes of the gems.

God, I can't wait to just be with her. She is my home.

---

I, surprisingly, got a few hours of pretty good sleep. Which is incredibly lucky, seeing as how I normally sleep terribly on planes. We were currently landing, and I was acting like a little boy who was about to meet batman.

Eli is so much better than batman, by the way.

"Michael, calm down. You're embarrassing yourself." Calum said.

"Shove off, I'm excited to see my girl."

"What if she's not excited to see you?" Calum asked.

"I thought your name was Calum, not anxiety." I scowled at him.