Chapter Eighteen

[hello hi before you start reading I'm making a PSA that you need to comment a lot on this ok let me know if you liked his chapter and if you like the book and how your cats are doing ok just COMMENT it makes me happy]

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Michael yelled, waking me up.

"Leave me alone." I groaned.

"You're a big girl now! You're 20!" He said, jumping up and down.

"Please kill me. I'm afraid of adulthood." I whined.

"We're the same age now!" He smiled.

I looked at him, and laughed. His eyes were filled with excitement and he was bouncing on his feet like a 5 year old.

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Now, let's go have fun!" He said, dragging me off of the couch.

He pushed me into the bathroom, and pointed to a pile of clothes.

"Put the one on top on for now." He said, closing the door.

It was a black t-shirt, black jeans, and his flannel shirt. I put them on and looked at the other clothes- a black dress, and then pajamas. Is he my mom?

I walked out of the bathroom and sat down to put my combat boots on, and Michael sat down beside me.

"Can I braid your hair?" He asked

"Yeah." I smiled.

I watched his face as he concentrated on trying to make a braided crown. His tongue was sticking out and his eyebrows were furrowed. He kept messing up, getting aggravated and sighing, and then eventually giving up.

"I can't do it." He frowned.

"That's okay. How about I just put it in a bun?" I said.

"Oh! Wait! I can do that!" He smiled, and started on my hair again.

When he was done I was surprised- he actually did better than I could.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Happy birthday."

He wrapped his arms around me, and we stood there together for a few minutes.

"There's no place I would rather be." He sighed. "I'm so glad we're here together. I love you, and I love that we're able to trust eachother with everything."

"Me too." I smiled. "I want to tell you something ." I said.

"ELI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Calum yelled, walking in with a party hat on and a noisemaker.

Ashton and Luke followed, both with party hats and balloons, and a few gifts.

"I love you guys." I laughed.

"Open mine first!" Calum said, handing me a present.

I unwrapped it, and inside the box was a picture of Calum and I, with ice cream all over our faces. There was also a gift card to a pizza place- best present ever.

"Aw, thank you, Cal. I love it." I smiled, and hugged him.

Luke gave me a present next, that was in a bag.

I opened the bag, and inside was a pair of shoes just like Luke's, and a penguin pillow that said "Luke" on the belly.

"Luke is a penguin never dies." He smiled, and I hugged him.

"Thank you, I love it so much." I laughed.

"Here's mine." Ashton said, handing me a tiny box.

I opened it, and inside was a bracelet, which was engraved. It read "Best Friends" and on the inside of it, it said "Ashton & Eli"