Chapter Nine

[2 THOUSAND READS. THANK YOU]
[ALSO IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END, PLEASE READ & REPLY TO IT]

"Hey, so do you want to go do something tonight? Maybe go to the park?" Michael asked me.

We were sitting on my bed, Michael was watching my videos and sharing them as I was doing my makeup.

"That sounds fun." I smiled. "JESUS CHRIST I GIVE UP!"

"Woah, what's wrong?" He laughed.

"Winged eyeliner is impossible, that's what's wrong." I yelled, throwing my eyeliner across the room.

"Oh my gosh." He rolled his eyes, and I fell back onto his lap.

"Am I pretty with a black eye?" I asked.

"Beautiful as ever. You don't need makeup anyways, go wipe it off so we can go to the park." He laughed.

"Fine." I grunted.

I walked into the bathroom, wiping my failure away. After I was done, I brushed my hair into a ponytail and Ashton walked by the doorway. I walked out and he was fixing his tie in the mirror. The man was wearing a tux.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just out, with a friend." He said. "Do I look okay?"

"You lookin' fineee, Irwin." I laughed.

"Good. Great." He smiled, nodding in the mirror. "I need a haircut."

"Yes you do. I loved your short hair with the little curls." I cooed.

He looked at me like I was insane.

"Sorry. My fangirl slipped out." I shrugged.

"Okay, I better go."

"Wait," I said. "Is this friend by any chance a girl?"

"Eli." He groaned.

"Is it?" I pushed.

"Fine, yes it's a girl. Now let me leave." He laughed.

"Alright, go have fun on your date!"

"It's not a date." He complained, walking out of the door.

"Yes!" I yelled, after he was outside.

"Issues?" Michael said, walking in with his keys in hand.

"Ashton's on a date!" I smiled.

"Woah, really? With who?" He asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"He's probably lying then." He laughed.

"I think I'm just making it worse for him, to be honest... I know how it feels to be in love with someone who doesn't love you back... Or doesn't know you exist. Or care."

"I care."

"Yeah, but... Here's the thing. It seems so silly to you guys, I assume, that these girls love you with all their hearts, right?" I sighed, sitting down.

"I mean..."

"That these girls spend many hours of the day thinking about you, saying how much they love you and want to meet you and see you in concert... They seem so happy to you guys. We're not. It's an unhealthy over-loving situation, if that makes any sense. At night, all we think about is how we will never, ever have a more than 1% chance of meeting you guys. We crave to be friends with you, then we beat ourselves up because we think we're being obsessive fan girls. But we're not... We're just unlucky humans who... fell in love with the wrong people."