Chapter Twenty One

(I'm not dead. I'm back. New book coming soon... Stay tuned. Y'all better read it for me :) )

"Matt!" I yelled, running to him as fast as I could without dropping my luggage.

"Eli! Happy late birthday!" He smiled, and I hugged him.

"Thank you! I missed you."

"I didn't miss you at all. I only cried twice." He laughed.

"I have so much to tell you." I smiled.

"Tell it all."

"I had an awesome time with the boys, of course. Michael took me out to dinner, in which we got kicked out because he farted- you don't want to know. Anyways, he gave me this necklace, and I love it. I'll tell you more about that later, but you'll never guess who I met on the plane." I smiled, bouncing on the heels of my feet.

"Caspar Lee."

"How did you know?!" I yelled, pouting.

"I know him too, idiot. I'm like, Ashton's best friend." He rolled his eyes, and we started walking outside to the car.

"Why did you never tell me?" I asked.

"You never asked." He chuckled, and I hit him on the arm.

"I guess you won't be sad that I invited him over to do a video with you tomorrow then?"

"You didn't." I gasped.

"I did."

"LIAR!" I yelled.

"I'm telling the truth."

"Oh my gosh." I smiled, and hugged him.

"Much better than being slapped." He laughed.

We both got into his car after putting my bags in, and he drove me back to my apartment.

"So, the boys are on their way to Japan." Matt said.

"Don't make me cry." I said.

"While you were gone, I got a new girlfriend." He said.

"Really?" I smiled.

"No. I'm too shy to ask her out." He sighed.

"Well, does she know you?"

"Yeah, we hang out a lot. I don't think she has any interest in me, though. And she has a boyfriend."

"You're not talking about me, right?" I said.

"Oh gosh, no!" He laughed. "Her name is Abigail-"

"Breslin?"

"No! Would you shut up!" He said, and I laughed. "She doesn't even seem interested in her boyfriend. She even told me she's going to break up with him... But still, I don't wanna be that guy."

"I say you just remain her friend, and if they do break up then wait a little after, a few weeks or so. See if she has any interest. If you ask her and she doesn't, then the only thing you can do is move on. No sense in waiting for something that might not happen. And if she was even worth it in the first place, she'll continue being your friend."

"Okay. Yeah. You're right." He smiled.

Matt helped me carry my bags in, and once all my stuff was inside he sat on the couch with a big sigh, acting like he was dead after carrying my bags. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What?" He asked.

"You're an idiot." I laughed.