You Meet Their Parents

long overdue! I'm having a pretty good day so I'm going to for y'all! 

thanks for staying with this story even though I rarely update! 

*** 

Ted

At this point, Ted's mom, Virginia was married to Clint. You visited their home in Ohio with Ted for the first time, and you were more than excited. 

Right when you entered Virginia came right up to you and embraced you into a hug. Not long after, Clint joined in and said, "group hug!". 

You glance over their shoulders and look at Ted, he's blushing and mouths, " I'm so sorry". 

You laugh, " It's okay, I love them", you mouth back. 

You guys eat dinner and Clint spends the entire time talking about music and Virginia talks about Ted's childhood.

" he was a.....special child" she said. 

"Mom!!" 

"You always played alone Ted, talking to yourself, and you loved dolls!" 

"MOM" 

"Sorry", she started to chuckle, "I'll show you pictures later " she whispered to you. 

After dinner you and Virginia locked yourself in the guest room and looked through old albums of Ted. Needless to say, you wanted to come back next month. 

.

Barney

Barney didn't have parents he could depend on that could always be there, and that sometimes bummed him out. But you did meet Jerry once or twice when you and Barney first met. 

"you should invite Jerry over, Barney" you say nagging his shoulder

"UGH he's kinda lame don't you think?" he replies

"hey, come on now. I haven't seen him forever, he can bring JJ over! You always love to rub how successful you are in their faces!" you say convincingly 

" ha ha." he glares

"barney?"

"yeah" he says looking at the floor

"give me your phone" 

"why?" 

"just do it" you say holding back laughter

"okay whatever" 

As soon as you see his phone you yank it from his hands and run into the bathroom where you lock yourself.

"(Y/N) OPEN THE DOOR NOW!!!" Barney says pounding

"NEVER", you dial the phone, " Hello is this Jerry Whitaker? " 

"OH MY GOD (Y/N), OPEN THIS DOOR NOW BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN" 

"hold on a minute Jerry" you say into the phone, " awee you think you can break down this door, that's cute" you say to Barney. "hey Mr. Whitaker, thanks for holding, I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner sometime! Barney was just talking about how he hasn't seen you in awhile" 

"actually, I'm in the city this Saturday but I didn't want to bother, is Saturday okay?" Jerry says

"YES, SATURDAY, is perfect" you say loud enough for Barney to hear.

"great, see you then" he hangs up

You open the door to see Barney super angry.

" um....Ice cream?" 

"better." 

.

Marshall

Over the summer you two visit Minnesota to meet his parents for the first time. Now, you were relatively short compared to Marshall, so when you came into their house everyone was giant. 

"Hello, I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you all" you say shyly

" Oh my, she is a short one isn't she?" Marshall's mom says

"MOM! Be nice" Marshall says looking at you apologetically. 

"Sorry. I'm Judy" 

"It's all right" you say smiling back. 

During dinner everyone talks of old traditions and how Marshall was in the past. You learned of their life in Minnesota, including baskiceball and the seven layer mayonnaise salad. It was an interesting life style. 

"I make really good green bean casserole" you say to Judy

"YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME? " She screams

"no i was just-" 

"I BET YOU THINK YOUR LITTLE NEW YORK COOKING IS WAY BETTER THAN MINE. WITH YOUR CREAM CHEESE AND BAGELS"

"no i meant-" 

"YOU LITTLE STUCK UP NEW YORKERS" 

"..." 

Needless to say, you didn't see her for another year and a half.

.

***

LOL I know Barney's didn't really count but I liked the idea! 

If you want to make any request, I'm open to doing them! I update almost immediately when there is requests! 

Thanks for reading!!