Forts

You create a blanket fort together!

Sorry for the delay everyone, it shouldn't happen again, got some AP classes so it takes up my time.

Thank you for everyone's support in my writing!

***

Ted

Him being an architect and everything, when you two decided to build a fort and watch TV, it didn't turn out too well. 

You grabbed some chairs and blankets from your room. Ted neatly folded them and stacked the pillows. 

"Ummm Ted, you know we are going to use those to make forts anyways. You don't need to fold them" You say placing the last of the blankets down onto the floor. 

"(Y/N), the key to success in architectural structures is organization. Organization is the key to success." Ted says as he starts folding the ones you just placed down.

"Alright?" This was how he way and you loved him for that. But this should've been your first sign. 

"What are we watching again?" Ted says still folding

"Season finale of The Bachelor" you say smiling

"I heard she was deciding between the pre-school teacher and the co-pilot." Ted secretly loved The Bachelor more than you, but he never cared to admit it. 

When Ted finished folding and finally let you touch the blankets, you started to place the chairs around the room to hang the blankets on. Just then Ted stops you, this should've been your second sign.

"Woah woah woah! What are you doing? Everyone knows that a triangle formation makes the fort more stable! You don't want the building to fall and crush thousands of people do you?!" Ted says moving the chairs. 

"Um Ted, the only thing that would fall is the blankets. This is our blanket fort, not one of your buildings. This takes 10 minutes not 10 years Ted"

"IT MATTERS!" He says running around the room trying to place the chairs in the correct spot. 

You sigh and sit on the couch. Turning on the TV you see that The Bachelor was starting in 7 minutes. "Ted the show is about to start" you say to him.

He totally disregards your comment, " I'm going to grab my blueprints and rulers, the certain distance between the chairs actually matters!" He runs into the other room

You watch and watch as he is still digging in his desk for the correct tools. 

You fall asleep on the couch and he comes and wakes you. 

"(y/n). " he says softly

"mmmmm" you mumble. Realizing the situation your eyes shot open immediately, "THE BACHELOR" You scream.

"yeah about that, turns out while I was freaking about the structure it was on, anddddd you fell asleep on the couch by the time I came back."

"Ted, The Bachelor is 40 minutes..."

"You know how I am when I talk about architecture, I can go on for hours unless someone stops me." Ted said embarrassed. 

"I'm sorry Ted, I just wanted everything to be perfect tonight. I love you for who you are, forever and always." you say kissing him.

"How about I look up the answer on my phone and we go out for pizza?" Ted says smiling

"Done!" You said craving pizza Ted types something on his phone and 1 minute later he throws the phone down on the couch and marches into the room. 

You picked up his phone and saw that the man she picked was the pre-school teacher. 

You hated the pre-school teacher. 

Ted comes out with a calm look on his face, "It's okay the girl was a bitch anyways"

You laughed so hard you thought your lungs were going to burst. You grabbed his arm and dragged him downstairs to go get pizza. It was a good night....

Barney

Barney's personality on the other hand was different. It was his idea to build the fort and sleep in it over night. 

The best thing was, he didn't tell you that he wanted to build a fort. 

You came home from work and saw that Barney's coat was on the rack, so he was home. 

When you looked up, the whole apartment was covered in blankets with Christmas lights under them. You tried the light switch and it didn't work, they only thing illuminating the apartment were the lights.

"Barney?"

"Crawl under the blanket, there's a hole to your left."

You crawl under the blankets and Barney is lying under there with a bottle of wine and a whole lot of junk food. 

"Surprise" he says laughing

"Barney! How did you have time for this? You were at work all day...or were you?" you say doubting his plan

"I was at work, but I have a fort guy. His name is Antonio, he's 52 and he's a Scorpio" Barney says almost memorized.

"What does that have to do with anything?" you say crawling next to him

"He's here illegally, I gave him a key to the apartment, just wanted to make sure you knew him."

"wait what?"

"I don't recall saying anything in the last 2 minutes"

You knew this was his personality, so you just laughed. Everything was covered except for the wall where his TV was. 

You turned on Letterman and watched until you both fell asleep in the fort and woke up on the floor the next morning. 

"Ughhh my back" you say sitting up

Barney sat up and groaned as well, "Ugh same. I have a massage guy if you-"

"LETS GO"

You got massages for 2 hours straight and when you got home you both went to the bed and slept for 15 hours. 

.

Marshall

Marshall was tradition, he was from Minnesota, where everything was done the easiest and most simple way. 

He took two chairs and placed one huge blanket over them. You both crawled in and cuddled. He decided to bring in popcorn at one point and you two just kept throwing it at each other. 

You both spent the night cleaning popcorn out of your clothes and hair. You vacuumed while he picked up the scraps. 

"This was a bad idea" he says

"true, never again" you say agreeing

"again tomorrow?" he smirks

"definatly" you say smiling back

"Let's turn on a movie and make a new batch of popcorn." he says running into the kitchen

"What movie?" you ask

"STAR WARS" He screams from the kitchen

"You wanna watch the whole marathon???" you say laughing

"YESSSS"

You both spent the whole night just watching star wars and laughing, by the time the sun came up you both were asleep. Needless to say you both were late to work, but it was worth it.

***

SOOOOOO YEAH

Nice chapter, I thought of this idea because I wanted Teds crazy interest in his career to shine.

I'll update soon enough for everyone! Help me get to 10k! currently 9.2K views