Thanksgiving

It's not too late for thanksgiving..

***

Ted

Every thanksgiving you've and Ted been together, you've spent it alone in the apartment. You watch the thanksgiving day parade on the terrace and go back in to eat.

Ted can't cook for crap, but you loved him anyways so you both always order fried chicken, sit in your pjs and talk all day.

Ted would always get calls from his super religious family in Ohio, and you'd both laugh when you'd pick up the phone instead of Ted.

"Bless you Ted, I'm thankful-"

"Hello Mrs. Mosby" you interrupt

"Who are you?"

"A hooker"

You hear a dead silence in the phone and then "OH MY GOD CLINT"

You laugh and keep listening.

"BABE YOU CANT SAy THAT IN THE HOUSE, WE BOTH KNOW ITS 'GOSH'. Clint screams back

This continued allele throw the night with all of Ted's relatives calling him up, red didn't mind they were judgmental anyways.

It was like this every year at thanksgiving, and you couldn't love it more.

Barney

It was different with Barney, you didn't eat turkey or green bean casserole, you ate burgers and bbq ribs.

"That's real American food" Barney says staring at the burgers.

"They eat turkey cause that's what the pilgrims ate when they came to America Barney! They didn't have burgers and chili cheese fries" you laughed as Barney ate another fry giving you dead on eye contact.

"American food is so much better, no racist comments by your parents and political opinions from grandma" he says chewing

"Honestly, it's so awful," you take a bite, " what movie?"

"A Christmas carol!" He screams food flying everywhere

"CHEW YOUR GODDAMN FOOD"

You laughed and made jokes about how traditions were lame the entire night. Oh good days.

.

Marshall

With Marshall, you were traditional. Family and friends from both sides came to celebrate with you in the apartment. you cooked as did everyone else.

Stability was nice, being able to do the same thing everyone year was nice for you. traditions were important because when things in life got messy or unorganized, you can count on traditions to always be the same.

"Turkey, a ham, beef stew, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, and pie! What more can you ask for?" Said Marshall as he stuck his fork up in the air.

"Let eat!"

You liked that Marshall family didn't want to talk about politics, but still ended up doing it! It embarrasses the crap out of Marshall but it was just hilarious for you.

***

Enjoy!