Surprise!

Date: 3-23-17

Chapter 62: Surprise!

Ivie lays in bed thinking about her date last night with Adrian. They laughed and talked like Ivie always imagined a date would go.

There were only a few awkward moments, and Ivie wasn't sure if she was the only one who felt those.

Although not like Ivie imagined, Adrian hadn't tried to kiss her under the moonlight. Ivie had seen it enough in movies, so she assumed it was a given.

Instead, Adrian suprised Ivie by carrying her all the way home after their picnic.

There was no fear of Adrian dropping me when his muscular arms pulled me off of my feet.

The trees blurred around us as Adrian ran with his supernatural speed. The wind whipped at my hair, but I didn't mind, being tucked into Adrian's chest.

That was the best run of Ivie's life. And when Adrian dropped Ivie off at her house within minutes of starting the run, Ivie found herself wishing it wasn't over.

Adrian must've sensed this, because he grabbed Ivie's arm to pull her back when she went to go inside.

Ivie had turned back to Adrian with a question in her eyes. He had just said goodnight, after all.

Adrian just pulled Ivie into his arms and kissed her in reply. Their lips locked without hesitation, which had suprised Ivie. But she let herself fall into it, not wanting to regret anything the next day.

This kiss wasn't gentle like their first kiss. And Ivie couldn't stop replaying it in her head with a grin on her face.

~*~

"Yeah, I know we haven't talked in awhile. I'm sorry. Things here have been crazy." Jerica says into her phone.

"It's okay. I heard about the accident. I'm so sorry Jerica." The person on the other end comments.

Accident. What accident? Jerica can't seem to understand what her boyfriend is talking about.

"Who told you about it?" Jerica asks, pretending to know what's going on so Alex will tell her. This always works in movies.

"The car accident? Lucas told me. He said that's why you've been distant and not answering your phone." Alex, Jerica's boyfriend, says.

"I feel bad for Lucas and Mason, but I'm glad you didn't get hurt. And I hope they catch that stupid drunk driver." Alex adds.

Jerica gets it now. Lucas must've said they got in a car accident to explain what's been going on.

Jerica will have to talk to Lucas about that. He should've told her so this situation could've been avoided.

"Yeah. Same here." Jerica answers as normally as she can.

The real reason Jerica hadn't talked to Alex is because she doesn't feel like he's involved.

Jerica used to talk to Alex on the phone all the time, at least 3 times a day. In between that text. Now she hardly texts him.

Jerica has felt her connection to her boyfriend slipping away for a few months now. That's one of the reasons she pretended to have a full blown crush on Adrian.

Yes, Jerica thinks Adrian is hot and amazing for a teenage guy.

But no, Jerica isn't crushing hard on him. And she had flirted with him for fun. It hadn't meant anything.