All in Your Head

Date: 2-17-17

Chapter 14: All in Your Head

"What about John?" Lucas asks impatiently, wanting to go inside so he can get away from Mason.

"John knows something." Mason informs him.

"Knows what? About us?" Lucas asks for clarification. "There's no way. We just found out!"

"No, I don't think he knows what we are, but he knows something is up." Mason looks away guiltily before he adds, "John talked to me about it, asking what's up."

"Mason, what did you tell him?" Lucas demands in a strained tone, exhibiting how hard it is for him to keep calm at the moment.

"I just told him that maybe he couldn't help. Because he said he could. I didn't think that was bad to say." Mason finally looks his brother in the eyes, really believing that he didn't say anything that could give them away.

Lucas sighs and says, "I'm going inside now." Mason nods, then moves to follow him. After a few steps, Lucas stops and turns back, putting a hand up to keep his twin from running into him.

"I just want to say that we need to be extra careful. Don't let your anger get the best of you. I'll try too. But when you got mad..." Lucas trails off for a second, collecting his thoughts.

"It made me mad too. Just remember, it's most likely all in your head because of this moon stuff. So no more getting angry like that." Lucas concludes before stalking over to the door.

~*~

When Mason stormed off after John tried to figure out what's going on, the oldest Caster child followed him inside. But Mason disappeared into the bunches of people and John couldn't find him.

He finally spots Mason when he and Lucas come in from the back door, looking as far from happy as possible. Something happened and John missed it, losing what might've been his best opportunity to catch them acting strange and interrogate them on it.

John quickly goes to hang out with his sisters as cover, hoping that Lucas and Mason would think that's what he'd been doing when they were outside. He doesn't want any more suspicion falling on him while he investigates the Hallow twins.

~*~

Lucas heads over to Lena as soon as he gets inside the club. He decides that he's going to lock his worries away in a safe in his mind. Then he'd toss the key and find it tomorrow. He can't keep doing this if Mason keeps snapping, causing him to do the same.

"Lucas! There you are. Is Mason okay?" Lena asks with concern. There's something off about the kind smile and tone of voice, but Lucas ignores that so he can be happy. At least for tonight.

"Yeah, he just got angry. But he's fine. I talked to him." Lucas tries to be vague and not act like he's avoiding the topic. Just like he's over what happened.

Lena nods like she understands, but really, she's wondering what Lucas, Mason, and Jerica are hiding from her. Because if Lucas and Mason know, Jerica has to know as well. But Lena can tell by Lucas' set smile that he wants to forget about it all. So she helps him with that by dancing the night away.

~*~

Ivie told Lena that she was going to stay at home all day while everyone's at the party, but Ivie decided against that after a couple of hours alone.

Wanting to talk with her best friends, she asks if she can come over. Her parents are at work, so she doesn't ask them if she can go to her friend's house.