One and the Same Dream

Date: 2-19-17

Chapter 19: One and the Same Dream

After the big talk with Jerica, Lucas shuts himself in his room. He doesn't want to talk to anyone anymore. He only wants to sit and stew about what may happen tonight in the woods.

When there's a knock on the door around 15 minutes later, Lucas asks who it is. "It's Lena."

Even though Lucas thought he wasn't going to talk to anyone, he tells Lena she can come in.

"How are you?" Lena asks Lucas, just standing in the doorway.

"Fine." Lucas replies, leaning back in his office chair. "You can come into my room. The bed's clear." Lucas says with a smile. He's a proud owner of a clean room.

Lucas expects Lena to blush and hide her face, but she doesn't. Lena's not like other girls, and Lucas likes that about her.

Lena smiles and walks over to sit on the bed while Lucas closes the door behind her for the illusion of privacy. Lucas knows if Mason is listening he'll hear, but there's nothing he can do about that. Then Lucas sits back down in his chair.

"You probably don't want to talk about it anymore, but I wanted to say a couple more thins about the werewolf stuff." Lena says, looking Lucas straight in the eyes.

Lucas smiles and shrugs, happy that Lena obviously understands him in this instance. "It's okay. Go ahead." Although for anyone else, it wouldn't be okay.

Lena looks down at her hands in her lap. Lena looks thoughtful before she looks back up at Lucas. "I get why you lied to everyone." Lucas tensed up at that, sensing a "but" was about to be spoken. Lucas is right, but it's not bad like he thinks.

"But I'd like it if we don't lie to each other. I feel like we're closer than that. Or that we should be." Lena's keeping her face empty of emotion, but her eyes show Lucas that she's hopeful. Does she want more than friendship too?

"I think so too." Lucas says, surprised at how calm his voice sounds and how relaxed he suddenly feels. And he feels completely comfortable talking to Lena about this, while talking with Jerica he hated. But that's pretty understandable.

"So is there anything else you'd like to tell me about it? Something you might've left out?" Lena asks cautiously.

Lucas thinks hard before answering. "Well, I'm getting angry easier, which triggers my heightened senses, but I can control it." Lucas says, looking into Lena's eyes so she knows he's not lying.

"I believe you." Lena says before she looks away to his dresser. Lucas didn't ask her if she believed him, but he's happy that she said that.

"What about you?" Lena turns her head to Lucas when he asks that. "Is there anything you might be hiding?" Lucas keeps his tone clear of any suspicion so as not to offend her. Lucas just wants to know if something's going on with her since the lightning strike.

"Nothing." Lena shakes her head. "Well, unless you count the fact that I have the same dream every night." Lena says quickly.

"Every night? What happens?" Lucas leans forward in interest and puts his elbows on his knees.

"You want to hear it?" Lena questions Lucas. He nods and she tucks a stray hair behind her ear. Now she's learning more about him. Lucas can listen to people as well as speak to them.

"Okay. I'm in this white room that's filled with other people who are dressed nicely." Lena glances at Lucas nervously, like he's not going to believe what happens next. "But we're all floating above the floor."

Lena pauses like Lucas will jump up and proclaim her crazy. When he doesn't move or say a word, Lena opens her mouth to continue when the door opens.

"Oh my gosh Lena!" Jerica rushes through the door excitedly. "I've been having the same dream!"

"What really?" Lena asks, not fazed or angered by he fact that Jerica was listening. But it ticked off Lucas.

"Were you seriously listening outside the door?" Lucas stood and balled up his fists to keep from hitting something. Not Jerica, he would never hit her, but maybe the chair or the wall.

Actually, nope. I made Mason listen and tell me what you guys were saying." Jerica announces this very proudly.

Lucas, knowing Mason was listening, whispers to him. "Mason, that's an invasion of privacy. I don't care what Jerica said to convince you. Don't do it again." Even though Lucas turned his head away, Jerica and Lena noticed what he'd done.

"Were you just talking to Mason? That's so cool! I couldn't even hear you!" Jerica exclaims. "Stupid human ears." Jerica mutters to herself.

"Can we go back to the dream? How do out know you've had the same one?" Lena asks Jerica to get her back on track.

"I can tell you the rest of the dream!" Jerica says happily. Lucas waits, staring at Jerica.

"Okay. Go on." Lena tells Jerica.

"Okay. You and the group enter another room, but you're suddenly alone. You're in a classroom and there's something written on the board." Jerica says, sure of herself. Lucas is surprised when Lena nods.

Lucas puts his chin in his hand to impatiently wait for Jerica to finish.

"The board said: With the start of something new, you must be the one to choose. Will he die or will he stay undead?"

Lena frowns at that. "That's not what it said in my dream." Lena sounds upset that their dreams weren't exactly alike. Lucas sits up in his chair and considers patting Lena on the shoulder, but he decides against it before he can raise his hand.

"Well what did it say for you?" Jerica asks Lena.

"The beginning was the same, but that's it. It said: With the start of something new, you must be the one who gets no choice. You won't be able to stop her from getting her heart ripped out."

Lucas' own heart seems to fall into his stomach. Why is Lena having a dream with such a horrible message? Why are the dreams telling Lena and Jerica that two people are going to die?

And Lucas can't help but wonder, is it Ivie who's going to die because she's vine girl and they have to stop her?