The Other Side of Him

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry about publishing so late. I wrote this chapter earlier today and was almost finished with it.

But Wattpad DELETED IT!

I'm okay, I'm not that mad anymore.

I had to rewrite most of this chapter, so please don't blame me.

Now on to the story!

Word Count: 1902

-------------------------------

Chapter 61: The Other Side of Him

Adrian hurriedly straightens the collar of his dress shirt as he gets closer to Ivie's front door.

Was it a good idea to wear skinny jeans on his date with Ivie? Of course it is. Adrian's been told a million times before that he looks hot in skinny jeans.

Tonight Adrian is wearing his favorite dark blue pair that makes his blue eyes look much darker than they actually are.

Adrian runs a hand through his perfectly done hair, musing it just enough to look like it's naturally that way. Matched with his devil may care grin, Adrian feels more than ready for this date.

That is, if Ivie decided to go with him. Adrian told her that he'd come over and if she was ready then they'd go.

Adrian isn't used to getting rejected. He's had plenty of women fawning over him through the years he's been walking the earth. Even before Adrian became a vampire, over 300 years ago, he had girls following him around.

Not that Adrian's ever been considered a player. He's not that kind of guy. But Adrian has been defined as a heartbreaker when he stays for more than a few weeks in one place. That's because he has to reject the girls who ask him out.

Adrian can't help it if he's picky. He only persues certain girls. Adrian doesn't really have a preference for girls, except that his girlfriends are always strong willed.

Although no girl has ever tried rejecting him, which Ivie has obviously been doing. But Adrian likes a challenge. And he can be patient with Ivie. He will be patient for Ivie.

Adrian stumbles out of his thoughts when he realizes he's arrived Ivie's house. Gosh, your mind really can take away your time.

Adrian sets the basket down, out of sight, that he's been carrying so he can knock on the door.

It's a tense minute while Adrian sticks his hands in his front pockets, leaning back nervously.

Adrian forces himself to relax and act natural. It doesn't help to be nervous. Nervous ruins your life.

"Live your life to the fullest." Monique used to tell Adrian. She stopped saying that when Adrian put it into practice.

Only Monique knows that Adrian had been sort of lost when he'd found her. Adrian was bored of life and didn't know what to do. So Monique helped him out of that short phase of his life.

The door opens and Adrian has succeeded in looking natural. Ivie is standing there in a pair of worn out jeans and a oversized grey sweatshirt that goes down to her knees. Her hair is loose, cascading down to her waist in waves.

Adrian's never seen Ivie looking like this, but it appears to be a sign that she's not going with him on their date.

Adrian feels his unbeating heart sink a bit, but he keeps the smile on his face, genuinely happy to see her.