Fake It Till You Make It

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Date 3-19-17

Hey everyone!

The picture up top is relevant, I promise. And it makes me very hungry.

Besides Mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, and pizza, grilled cheese is my favorite food. Anyone else? :P

Also, I've decided to open up a questionnaire!

So if anyone wants to ask me a question about this story or about me, then go ahead! Ask away :)

I'll answer the best I can.

---------------------------------

Chapter 58: Fake It Till You Make It

Another day goes by before Lucas is told he'll be well enough to go home after they rewrap his bandages. But Lucas doesn't want to go, not without Mason.

Throughout Lucas' remaining time in the hospital, he sits around with too many thoughts swirling around in his head.

Lucas had plenty of visitor time before that, when Lena, Jerica, or Monique came to visit him. But now he sits alone.

Fortunately, Adrian never tried to talk to Lucas. Lucas would've turned him away.

Now it's almost time for Lucas to leave the hospital and his brother.

The doctor comes in to tell Lucas that he can leave soon. He tells Lucas that he needs to come back if any strange side effects occur.

Lucas can't help but think sarcastically, "Like sprouting claws and fangs or glowing eyes?"

Once Lucas' neck and shoulder have been rebandaged, Lena comes in with Monique to take him home.

Lena is full of sympathetic smiles when Lucas tries to protest leaving. "You have to go, Lucas. We can visit Mason later." Lena tries comforting Lucas.

Lucas sighs and puts his head in his hands. "Fine." He mumbles into his palms. Lucas feels lost. He always feels lost nowadays.

~*~

They exit the hospital and Lucas gets his first look at the Cloud World.

It looks like a regular big city from the movies (since Lucas has never been to a big city), but the roads are white instead of grey or black like usual.

"So how do we get out of here?" Lucas asks, since he's never been to the Cloud World before.

"Like this." Monique says with a teasing smile. She then proceeds to grab Lucas and Lena's hands. They are standing on either side of Monique.

The city street with its tall buildings seem to swirl in Lucas' vision as he feels an awful falling sensation.

They land, still holding hands and somehow mysteriously on their feet, in Lucas' backyard.

Lucas fights the strongest urge he's ever had in order not to throw up.

Lucas breathes in short gasps to reclaim control over his heaving stomach.

"Oops. Probably should've warned you." Monique comments seriously, even though those words usually sound a bit rude.

~*~

Lucas didn't know how much he missed home until he walks in the front door, greeted by a barrage of familiar smells.

Lucas can smell the grilled cheese that Jerica made earlier in the day. It's her favorite easy made meal. Mason taught her how to make it. And Lucas taught Mason in the first place.