The Reveal

Date: 2-26-17

Chapter 35: The Reveal

Ivie walks into the living room and sees everyone gathered there.

Ivie sees Jerica sitting on the couch in a tight not Jerica like dress next to Lena. Lucas is sitting in the armchair with an unreadable look on his face.

Ivie looks around and sees everyone else has serious expressions on their faces. That's when Ivie realizes that this might not be as great as she thought it would be.

Everyone ends up taking turns telling Ivie the truth about what's been going on for the past few weeks.

Ivie crosses her arms at the end of the story and asks incredulously, "You really think I'm going to believe all of that?"

Ivie turns to look at Lucas and Mason. While they were talking, Mason had moved to stand next to Lucas, who's still sitting calmly in the armchair.

At least to Ivie, it seems like Lucas is calm. But Lena can see through Lucas' short sleeve shirt that his muscles are tensed.

"You two are werewolves?" Ivie says disbelievingly. Lucas nods once in agreement and Mason nods just smiles.

Ivie turns to Lena and Jerica. "And you two are angels?" Jerica nods with a smirk. Lena told Jerica what they were before Ivie arrived, so she wasn't caught unaware.

"Technically, I said elemental angels." Lena says.

Ivie rolls her eyes and replies, "Same thing." Lena frowns at her older sister. It's going to be hard for Lena to get used to Ivie's new personality.

"And why should I believe anything you've just said? I don't remember attacking Lucas in the woods." Ivie says with a sneer.

"You want proof? Is that what you're saying?" Jerica demands to know.

Ivie uncrosses her arms and clenched her fists by her sides defensively. "Yeah, I do." There's a fire burning in Ivie's eyes as she glares at Jerica.

Jerica is surprised with Ivie, but she quickly returns the glare.

"Mason? Lucas? Who wants to do it?" Jerica asks her brothers in a snarky tone.

Mason immediately sits up straighter and opens his mouth to volunteer, but Lucas stops him.

"No. I'll do it. Remember what happened at the club?" Lucas reminds Mason sternly.

"That was different!" Mason argues with a pout.

Lucas shakes his head and Mason drops it. He knows that Lucas is right. Mason isn't the best with control.

"Are you going to prove it now?" Ivie asks Lucas coldly.

Lucas nods his head once, closing his eyes and breathing in deeply. Lena is mostly prepared for what they're about to see because she's seen Lucas like that before, but Jerica has never really seen it.

When Lucas opens his eyes they've turned a golden color. Jerica is grinning and leaning forward a little on the couch. She's enjoying this a lot.

Ivie isn't buying it though. "That could be some type of special contacts." Ivie says, squinting at Lucas.

Lucas realizes he has to do something more drastic, so he stands up. Lucas isn't skilled enough yet to bring his claws out with just a thought, so he has to trigger his anger.

Lucas glances at Lena, who gives him a nod of support. Lucas takes another deep breath. Letting out a roar, Lucas opens his eyes, which shine brighter than before. His claws come out with a short hiss, causing Ivie to stare wide eyed at Lucas.