Good News

I couldn't sleep, I stared at the dark ceiling-thinking about my parents. I wish they were here. Why did they have to go? I don't understand it.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I miss them so much! I wish they were here, I know they're looking down on me.

I then began to sob as I thought of memories of them. The door of the room opened. "Jen, are you okay?"

I wiped my tears off my cheeks. "I miss my parents that's all."

"Oh? Well they're looking down at you and smiling."

"I know they are. But what if they're alive and the doctor lied to me? To me it feels like they're still alive."

"Maybe it could be you're brain playing with you and making you think that. Sometimes our minds trick us."

(Me: I can relate to that when my friend past away. You do feel weird inside as well.)

"I don't know what to believe."

"It will take time for it to go away. Get some sleep, we have a test tomorrow."

"Ugh, don't remind me."

John chuckled at my reaction. "Jen, I love you." He reached over and he kissed my forehead.

"I love you too."

"Get some sleep my Jenny Bear."

I giggled at the nickname. "You too."

He turned turned on his heel with his back facing me, and he walked out, shutting the door behind him.

I shut my eyes. I do hope my parents are alive, probably the doctor is pulling my leg.

.............

As John was helping me get dressed my phone rang. "Can you get that?"

He nodded and he unplugged my phone from the charger that was on the end table by my bed and he handed it to me.

I glared at the number. The doctor is calling me, why though? I tapped the answer button and I placed it against my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, is Jennifer Ledger there?"

"This is Jen. Can I help you?"

"This is Doctor Harrison's office, calling to tell you good news."

"What is the good news?"

"Your parents are okay! They're alive! Doctor Harrison would love for you to come by and explain everything!"

"Oh my god!" My smile grew big across my face. "Can I stop by after school?"

"Yes you can."

"Thank you so much!"

"Not a problem," the lady that spoke with me hung up and I did too.

John looked at my face. "Why are you so happy?"

"My parents are alive!"

"Wow! That's amazing!" John threw his arms around me and wrapped me in a hug.

"The doctor wants me to stop by. I guess he wants to explain something to me."

"We can go after school, and see Hilary as well," John said as he put on my pants.

"Yay! I can't wait!"

I got up using my crutches. John grabbed the wheelchair and we left my room.