Messing Dog and Bad News

John POV

I enter my house. My mother rose from the couch and she walked over to me. "John, I'm sorry you have called you home, but your dog, Duke ran away. I'm sorry."

"Wait, what? What happened?"

"Well he was outside in the back yard. I don't know how he got out, the fence gate is locked."

I rushed outside and I yelled out his name. "Duke, come here boy!"

There was no response. I sighed in disappointment, I'm never going to give up. I continued down the street calling his name.

"John, what are you doing?"

That voice... that sweet beautiful voice that belongs to Korey. I stopped and I looked at her. She was at her mailbox, getting the mail. "My dog ran away. Have you seen him?"

Korey thought for a second. "Nope, sorry."

"Thanks. Oh by the way Jen is in the hospital. She got into a car accident, but she's fine."

"What? I have to go see her! Thanks for telling me!"

I smirked. "No problem. I'll see you tomorrow. I have a dog to get." I ran off. Where could that dog gone?

I went to every house on the street, asking the neighbors if they've seen Duke. I had no luck.

I knocked on the next house. The door opened to a man. "Can I help you?"

"Hey, have you seen a boxer?" I asked kindly.

The man nodded his head. "Yes I did."

"Where?!" I ask with excitement.

The man pointed. "That way."

"Thank!" I dashed off yelling out his name.

I suddenly heard a bark, I know that bark! It's my boy! Duke came running up to me.

I gave him a hug and he licked my face. "I'm so happy I found you! Let's go home." As I walked Duke followed behind me.

......................

Jen POV

"Jen, I have some bad news to tell you," the doctor said with sad eyes.

What could he tell me? Don't tell me, I'm dying. "Okay." My eyes never left his as he spoke.

"Your parents, well their brains were bleeding. At first it wasn't that bad, I thought it would go away, but it didn't and I'm sorry that they didn't make it."

What? Pain built up inside me and I began to sob. "Oh my god!"

"I'm very sorry," the doctor rubbed my back for comfort.

"Can... I... be alone?"

He nodded. "Of course." He walked out of the room.

I grabbed my phone and I texted John.

Jen: John, I need you here. Did you get to tell my friends?

I got a immediate reply.

John: I only told Korey. Yeah, I'm on my way and my mum is going to come as well, I just told her.

I put my phone back on the end table and I cried into the pillows, loudly. I never got a chance to say goodbye... what if there was a way they came back to life? I heard stories that people come back to life, but that's only if they're getting operating on. Why did this have to happen to me?

After 15 minutes of sobbing. I heard my name being called. I lifted up my head to see John and his mother.

"Are you okay?" His mother asked.

I shook my head. "I lost my parents."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," John said.

"That's terrible!"

They both wrapped me in a hug. I felt very comforted. I love these guys so much!

"Is there anything we can do?" His mother asked, still hugging me tightly.

"No, but I wish. All you can do is be there for me."

John kissed my lips. "We sure will."

"Thank you guys! I love you so much!"

"We love you too," she said.

Ugh this was boring to write. I had nothing else to write... anyway time to update on Can't Touch The Stars. I REALLY HOPE I WIN THAT PAPA ROACH T SHIRT! Wish me luck!