20)Why?

The minute my mother drove away, I turned back and faced the school, preparing for the worst. As I looked around me, I noticed table after table, each one holding groups of students. The nearest one held a large crowd, all of them laughing. Hesitantly, I walked to them and set my bag down on the table, alerting them of my presence. At first, I just looked at them expectantly, would they introduce themselves or something? Instantly, a tall girl hopped off one of the table, her light brown hair blowing in the ever increasing wind. Hazel eyes met mine with a ferocious, animal like look, a smirk sat lazily on her face.

"Well if it isn't another fresh-meat freshman. What do you think your doing at our table?" She drawled out, loudly enough for everyone to hear. I looked at her questioningly, was that wrong of me to sit there?

"Excuse me?" I asked hesitantly, my words muffled by the sharp wind. I honestly hoped I had miss heard her though.

She elegantly walked toward me, a predatory look in her cat like eyes.

"So you're deaf? Are you blind too?" She taunted, causing laughter to erupt from all around me. I gazed at her, astounded.

"N-no." My voice shook slightly, fear making me stutter.

She stalked closer toward me, like a lioness about to pounce on its prey.

"Well fresh-meat, listen to me very carefully, don't ever, sit at our table again. No loser gets to sit at out table. This is important. In this school, you are nothing. You are a shadow of a person and if I even here your voice, ever, I will ruin you. Is that clear?" She hissed lowly, but everyone could still here her. I could picture venom dripping from her nonexistent, pearly white fangs.

"Yes." I faintly whispered faintly. I don't know why I didn't stand up for myself. It could be because I have never been in such a situation, or because she seemed extremely intimidating, probably both.

I fought back the tears glistening in my eyes, threatening to come down. I can't let a single tear slide from my eyes, it will give her even more satisfaction.

"Come on, Gwen. Leave the poor girl alone." A deep voice sighed from the crowd that had indiscreetly formed a circle around the two of us.

"Gage, things were just getting fun!" Gwen called out, brushing a few strands of hair off her shoulder, showing off the floral, blue tank-top underneath.

Gage? Why did that name sound so familiar?

"Excuse me, coming through." I heard a voice grunt from the circle, slowly a boy, no, a man, emerged. He had dark brown hair that was lightly spiked upward in the front with natural light brown highlights throughout his hair. His gray eyes had hints of silver, absolutely beautiful. A firm jaw with unfeminine cheek bones. A light twinkle in his eyes told me he was a funny and light person, with a free spirit.

He had on a blue and gray long sleeve shirt with a pair of faded jeans, a loose brown belt and a pair of adida sneakers.

Something was so familiar about him. How do I know him, where is he from? He sauntered toward me and Gwen with a smile lit up on his face, but a twinge of nervousness in his eyes. The very second that he laid his deep eyes on me, a look of de ja vu struck his face.

He looked at me closer, to see who I am. "Whoa, Aria? Is that you? You've grown so much," I blushed when he said that."Are you seriously already getting into trouble? You haven't changed one bit!" Gage chuckled at me and leaned over, hugging me tightly to his chest.

That's when I remembered who was standing in front of me. I never forgot him, I just didn't connect him and this school. How was I stupid enough to forget that he whent there? You see, Gage, Skye, and me were all best friends when we were little. We were inseparable. But then when they turned ten, and I was nine, they grew up and left me. Also, because of school, I would never have the chance to hang out with them. I sorely missed them in my preteen years, knowing that they thought that they were to cool to hang out with me. Both Skye and Gage became extremely popular with everyone, making friends everywhere they went. They both signed up for the football team in middle school and managed to stay on it through freshman year of high school. Now, Skye has gone to boarding school, leaving Gage to rule high school by himself.