5)To dream

The song for this chapter is If It's Love by train.

I woke up sprawled across my bed with the worst head-ache in history. It was pounding, every little noise in the dorm from the coffee maker to the shower running in Olive's bathroom was screeching in my head. If this was what it feels like to be hung over then I will never drink.

I tried to move from my bed but pain shot through my head. Eventually, I made it out and to the doorway. Steadying myself, I realized the emense pain that I was experiencing. I gripped my head in my hands and took deep breaths, trying to stop the agony. What the hell happened last night? Last thing I remembered was being chased out into the garden by Alexis and blacking out. The scene kept replaying in my head like a broken record. I keep on seeing Alexis chasing after me, a menacing scowl etched onto his face.

Alexis seemed to have gotten taller when he was counting to five, not by much but stil. His eyes also became a shade darker. His jaw was tense and I saw a glint of something in his eyes, almost looking like recognition. Of fear. But what could he be scared of? His jaw was set, his tan skin going slightly pale. His muscles rippled and tensed while he stood in front of me. Now, as I se it repeatedlt, all I can do is watch in horror as he r I can't help myself, all I can do is stand there in the shadows, like a ghost. After I blacked out on the cold brick ground, the scene ended.

"Aria!" A voice shouted above the unusual quiet. The scream echoed and bounced around in my head, sending a new round of pain through me. I ran out into the common room to see Olive standing on the couch with her hands in the air.

"Aria, come on, we have to get ready for class." Olive rolled her eyes as she ran a brush through her thich curls. As I snapped myself out of my wavering thoughts, I pushed myself to remember it was just a dream. Those types of things weren't supposed to happen in real life.

Quickly, I got dressed and hurried to her, trying to convince myself that I was just stressed, and not going crazy.

Olive's POV

"We're going to be late!" I hissed at my white watch as the elevator doors opened, causing Aria and me to sprint out of the elevator and into the crowded hallway.

Alexis casually walked up to us with Kolt at his side. I took in all their glory as secretively as I could. Alexis had this mysterious look that attracted all the girl to him as though he was famous, which in a way, he was.

He had his midnight black hair messed up, every piece of hair in the perfect position. His violet eyes kept on sneaking glances to Aria. He may be amazingly handsome, he just wasn't my type. Kolt, was always more for me. His tips of smooth brown hair fell over his golden brown eyes, the pools in them swirling with happiness. He threw a breathtaking smile my way, "Hey, Olly. Ready for our date tomorrow?" I gew excited, Kolt always planned the best evenings. I have been hooked to him since the first time he asked me out.

I remember the first time I saw him too. I had been walking to my table in he cafeteria, holding my open cup of coke, when I got a text from my mom. I remembered pulling out my phone and checking what she wrote while making my way to my table, my eyes locked on the screen. Suddenly, I rammed into something hard. A gasp escaped my mouth at my soda and phone went tumbling downwards, right onto pant legs and designer shoes of Kolt.

I almost died with embarressment when I looked up and realized that I ruined the clothes of the most popular boy in freshman year. I was horrified beyond belief. But he was nice about it. We both went to the schools lost and found, finding him a pair of pants that were just slightly to big on him.

It was the next day when he asked me out to go to a movie with him, then to a concert the day after. Every night the two weeks after that accident, he would leave me a text on my phone with a date plan and a question mark. And every night those amazing weeks, I joined him on his well done adventures, making me like him so much more and more.

One could imagine how ecstatic I was when he asked me to be his girlfriend while we rode on the ferris wheel, popping the question when we hit the very top, having the perfect few of the world beneath us. Last year was a fairy tale.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I felt a soft kiss on my cheek. I smiled widely and threw my arms around a laughing Kolt.

Aria's POV

As I stood watching Olive and Kolt, I heard an unfortuantly nasaly sound next to me, "Hey loser, what's wrong? Did you realize how ugly you are?" Victoria smirked and crossed her arms, emphasising her miniscule waist. Alexis stood beside her, a grim look on his face as he watched what played out before his eyes. I still don't understand why he was dating such an outright bitch. Well, I assumed they were dating, why else were they constantly together, wrapped in each others arms.

"Ugly? I knew you were insecure, but I didn't think that you would go to the extent of calling yourself ugly." I smiled at her and flicked a fake piece of lint off my shoulder. It's disgusting how outright obnoxious she was. Seriously, what had I ever done to her.

"How pathetic. Who are you trying to impress?" She rudely rolled her eyes. I watched as Alexis's arm tensed around her, but I wondered why.

Teasingly she dragged her poised hand up his arm, trying to find my reaction. Grinning, she leaned into his side, enjoing the glint of unkwn jealousy that flashed in my eyes. He. Is. Mine.

Where had that come from? Alexis wasn't mine, he proabably wouldn't ever be. But why did that sadden me so much. i felt some crazed part of me become crushed at the thoughts of him being with anyone except me. But we had never even gotten together, never done anything except for that kiss. Besides, he didn't start the kiss, I did. It wasn't as though he liked me.

Alexis presse his lips against her ears and whispered softly, probably telling her how much he liked her, or how hot she was. Ugh, it made me sick to realize that I actually did like him. But why? He had never been particularly nice to me. But, at the same time, he was so smart and and attractive, his looks sharp, elegant, but also rugged and untamed. His smile was blinding and sincere, his words mysterious and his actions aloof. What was is about him that attracted me so much?

I blinked rappidly and realized that they were still whispering. She looked flushed and confused, he seemed angry and ashamed. What had happened in those few seconds I diluded myself? I remembered the comment about how pathetic I was and snapped back,

"Pathetic, huh? If I'm pathetic, what does that make you? A low life peice of shit?" I replied, anger controling my words. Fine, she could have him, but what did she want from me?

Victoria lent toward me so are eyes were level, making sure that I saw the wrath hidden within them.I brushed off the slight fear in my stomach as she growled, "Oh, come on. Stop fooling yourself, everyone knows that you're just a fake, unconfident, all talk, loser." I snapped, anger blinding me in every possible way. We were just in highschool, why did she feel the need to bring out a war in the middle of a hallway?

"Me, fake? When I first saw you, you looked so plastic that you should have had ' made in China' stamped across your forehead. You are so fake that you make Michael Jackson look like his skin was naturally white." I shook my head, starting to feel a tear well up in my eye. Quickly, fearing they would see how sad I really was, I spun on my heal and left to my first class. I wiped away the few shed tears with the sleeve of my purple long sleeve shirt, the soft cotton soothing my cheek. It wasn't over.