19)First impressions

The song for this chapter is "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye

PART TWO- Chapter 1

So, before I start my story let me explain something crucial. I have been going to an all girls' school my whole life. Well, since preschool that is. My brother didn't have to go to an all boys' school since there wasn't any within a four hour drive. So while my brother grew up with boys and girls in our town making friends, I was driven for an hour every morning to a city far away from Miami, my home. There, I knew everyone. I knew all of the girls, some of the boys, and even the nice families and grownups in the town that I passed by in the long drive. But now I'm starting my freshman year in public high school since my parents can't afford private school anymore, my dad lost his job. The only person I know that is going is my neighbor and best friend Carmen. Basically, I will be starting in public school for the first time with kids I don't know, and my brother won't be able to back me up. Oh, right, I forgot to mention that my brother won't be going to my school for his sophomore year because he got accepted with full scholarship to some fancy private school in Torrence California.

My heart-brake started with a simple talent show. Fom there all hell broke loose, but to understand why my naïve heart was broken you'd have to hear the entire story, starting from my very first day at public school. So, without further ado...freshman year, scene one.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Aria, hurry up, I need to drive you to school." My mother shouted from the kitchen, the sound of her car keys dangling loudly, persuading me to get ready. Groaning, I hopped out of bed and hobbled to my drawers on the other side of my room, passing my enormous collection of CDs and records, my guitar, Piano, and sterios, in the meantime. My feet grew increasingly warm from sliding over the milky white carpet.

"One sec mom!!!" I shouted anxiously, dreading the moment my feet would touch her smooth car's floor. For, that car would bring me to school.

Where are my jeans! I thought urgently while I yanked all of my shorts and socks from the drawer . I pulled out a white Beatles band shirt and my brother's old scuffed up sneakers, tying them sloppily.

"Mom, where are my jeans?" I flung open my door and ran out into the hakkway, looking like an animal with my wide green eyes and matted hair. As loud as I could, I screeched over my brother's obnoxious music, clearly heard with his door wide open, revealing a room much neater than mine. I ignored his questioning glance when I shot him a withering glare. He stepped out of his room, his unruly brown hair sticking out akwardly.

"Dude, what happened?" My brother asked, rubbing his eyes warily, blinking away the sleep evident in his sharp green eyes. I sent him a mock glare, jealous that he didn't have to start school for another month.

What does he want? I could just see his satisfaction from riling me up.

"...Nothing. I'm just trying to find my jeans." Nonchalantly, I step around him, afterward making a beeline to the staircase.

Skye smirked and turned around for a split second, returning with his arm held high, a pair of bunched up denim in his hand." Aria, come back!"

I turned my head around as I put my foot on the first step, suspicious of his motives. Skye always has somethng up his sleeve, that's just the way it is. When I saw my jeans being held high and right beside the hallway fan, there was nothing that culd have gotten me more upset.

"You mean these?" he smirks, cockiness radiating from him.

"Where did you find them?"

"Mom must have thought they were mine. They are sort of..boyish, aren't they?" He said, bemused.