17)The Willow Tree

This is dedicated to you because of all of your help, your the best!

The song for this chapter is "A party song (The walk of shame)" by All Time Low. Hi guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't uploaded, everything has been so hectic! But, I have the next chapter right here so you can drop the pitch forks and torches, no seriously, please drop them!

_______________________________________________________________________

The mirror in front of me was lost in a haze as my mind slowly faded into a world of darkness. A burning pain pierced through my head, penetrating my every thought. Everything was gone as I focused on what was now appearing in front of me, a haunted willow tree. There beneath the sorrowful leaves lay a figure, back hunched with his hands plucking the long ebony leaves beneath his fingers. The silver moon cast a single light upon the area around the silhouette, leaving everything else pitch black.

Curiously, I inched closer to the man, seeking the answer of my question. Who is it? He rose, stretching his tired limbs. As soon as he was done, he was in front of me, a flash. Dark black hair stuck like moss to his pale forehead, his long bangs falling into his mesmerizing eyes, violet, with swirls of silver.

A guilty look was displayed before me, no wall could cover it. He brushed his hair from his face and whispered quietly "Forgive us Aria. You must understand that we are doing what we have to do. Please don't give up, keep fighting."

"I don't understand, what do you mean? What do you have to do?" I asked, a new ferocity flaring inside of me, a fire that could not be burned out. "These are all excuses, how am I even here? Where are we?"

"Please, princess, just trust me, and believe in us. I'm trying to protect you." He spoke desperatly, is words captivating me.

"Protecting me from what?" Stepping closer to him, I snarled, "Because the only thing harming me is you! I've gone insane, utterly mad since the day I met you."

Taking a gulp of air, I steadied my shaky breath, "Why can I only see you, really see you in my dreams? Is this just a figment of my imagination?"

Alexis brought my delicate hand to his lips and softly kissed my knuckles, "You, princess, are not crazy." He took my hand and slid it down to his beating heart, "And this is not fantasy."

While trying to graso the meaning behind his words, I asked one of my previous questions again, "So where are we, if this isn't fiction?"

"We are at the only place where I can talk to you without putting you in peral." Alexis knelt to me and let his lips brush mine softly, "I love you, Aria. One day, you will be mine to be with freely."

"You l-l-love me?" I choked out. I sighed as I thought about being able to picnic beside crashing, salty waves, to dance beneath the stars, to walk hand in hand among fields of flowers. Love.

"Good by my sweet, I will be back soon." He lifted my hand and kissed by knuckles again, ever so gently leaving tingles and goose-bumps.

Then, everything around me disappeared. My eyes flickered open wearily as I rubbed the side of my face. I looked around, noticing that my body was crumpled on the sleek wood floor. My hand felt lonely, missing his touch. I looked back down to it, noticing something scrawled in black ink "Two Dreamers In Love".

I heard a timid knock at my door, "Come in!" I shouted merrily, still holding the dream close to my heart. Olive stood in the doorway, her eyes dry and a look of relief on her face.

"Olive! Olive, you're here, you're out of your room!" I laughed and ran to her, engulfing her in a hug like no other. Olive pulled her bouncy curls from her face and removed my arms from around her,

"Yah. Aria, I need to talk to you. I just need to tell you everything."

"Why did you choose now?" I asked, bewildered.

"I'll sound weird but I had a dream, and Kolt was in it. He told me that I should be happy, and forget about them. I know that it's just my conscience telling me what to do, it's so true" She explained, a twinge of happiness sweeping into her tone.

Olive and I stayed up till a little past midnight, pouring out our feelings over the past two weeks.

Olive finally left so go to her own room and for once, get a good night sleep. I pulled on a pair of polka dot pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt, pulling a brush through my hair at the same time. I shuffled into the bathroom to wash my face, when I realized something was happening. The golden framed mirror in the bathroom hung right in front of me, turning into a black shadow, a tint of green churning angrily. Suddenly, it stopped. On the mirror was a paragraph written in red ink, the font one that I have never seen the likes of before. What is going on?

My heart pounded in my chest, thumping away like a speedily beaten drum. I took deep, calming breaths, closing my eyes for a good ten minutes, hoping that everything would disappear. I hastily opened my eyes to reveal that nothing had changed; the neat handwriting was still staining my mirror.

I have much to explain, I know. Firstly, magic is real, and you are a part of it. Aria you are a prophet, a dreamer, or a seer. You have dreams of the future, past, and sometimes, the present.

Your job as a seer is to make prophesies and to fix the wrong doings that you see happening in the present. To learn from the horrid dreams of the past so you can prevent the future. To see the future to know what you need to do as a prophet, and to make the prophesies.

I am a Seeker. So is Bella, and Kolt, so is Hunter, and Austin. Seekers are not monsters, not all of us. We have the potential to be the most feared and dangerous thing known to man- kind and to the magic realm.

Yes, everything you read in the stories is true. Everything, because every made up monster or magical being written in a book, becomes real. Seekers aren't vampires, although vampires do exist. We do drain humans, but not by fangs, and we don't do it to kill. We suck the youth and energy from our victims through our fingers placed on the victim's neck. We try not to kill humans, although when our cursed side takes over, it's hard not to.

Every magical being has a soul mate, but it's almost none ever meet. Yes, we are soul mates. Our souls were entwined before we were born, the fates believing in the connection. The buzz you feel is our ancestors, they need to be together. The longer we stay apart, the more urgent their cries become. Until we are finally together, that buzz will continue.

There are kingdoms in the magic realm, one for every continent. Each kindom has a monarchy. My father is the king of the Easter Realm, that making me, and Kolt the princes. Bella, naturally, is a princess.

Aria, a web of secrets is being unraveled and you must trust me, never doubt me, please. The life you know now wil never be as it was. The only way to survive what is coming is to fight together. But I need to protect you from it first.

Love, Alexis.

So, what did you think? A twist huh?

Vote

Comment

Fan

Go see the movie hunger games- but read the books first! By!