8)Disguise

The song for this chapter is "We are young" by Fun.

.......................................

I sat up groaning, the sunlight from the open window shining right into my eyes. I don't know why Chloe makes it her life mission to wake me up in the mornings. Would be that bad if I slept in and missed school? Hey, maybe then I'd learn my lesson and wake up on time. Actually, I'd be lying to myself if I said that I'd ever learn my lesson from sleeping in. It's just so awesome; sleep deprivation is just to sad nowadays. Every morning Chloe wakes me up in a new way. Yesterday she poured a bucket of ice water all over me! At least she was nice enough to take off the blanket first. I had to run to catch up with her screaming self so I could tackle her and get her soaked in ice water to. The day before that, she blasted the song " Meant to live" by Switchfoot in my ear.

She learned her lesson when she tried to tickle me, lets just say that she had to wear sunglasses the whole day to cover her plump black eye. I swear I didn't mean to, she just surprised me! Anyways, now I'm left sitting in my bed with the blanket over my head, cowering from the sunlight.

When I first woke up, the first thing I did was screech " Ah, the sun!!" Chloe had run into my room scowling from me interrupting her breakfast.

"What are you, a vampire?" Chloe sat down at the foot of my bed lightly nudging me to get out, and in her words " face the world." I think the world can hold off just for a little longer.

"Duh, how else do you explain my sickly pale skin. Gosh, Chloe, dense much? " I yanked the blanket back over my head and collapsed back into bed.

"Ary, not to burst your bubble, but you have tan skin." Chloe spoke up from wherever she was in the room. I couldn't tell where because my face was literally in the pillow. I pulled the blanket down for asecond to give her "a look" and say,

"That's beside the point." I then fell back in to my land of slumber.

"Ary, we have to get to school in fifteen minutes....make that fourteen." Chloe grumbled tiredly.

I sighed and hopped out of my comfy bed, lightly wobbling, from my legs still being asleep. I skipped a shower because I had the night before and instead, ran to the breakfast table and stole Chloe's remaining waffle. I yelped when I saw her making a beeline for me angrily. Quickly, I sped to my room and slammed the door.

"Aria, that is not fair! Get back here you witch!" Chloe Shrieked and pounded her fist against the door."

Laughing, I walked to my closet and found a pair of high waisted white jean shorts that stopped mid thigh and knee length socks that had different shades of purple stripes. I slipped on my Edd Hardy laceless sneakers and a long sleeve white shirt with a giant smiley face on the front. I put on my grey beanie that had a black flower sketched on the side. Then, I saw it, my favorite bracelet; a charm bracelet my best friend, Cameron gave me before I left. I snapped it on and walked out my bedroom door. Slinging my back-back over my shoulder, I made my way to my next class. A plan for later forming in my head...

 I had to help out the senior class with their play today. I haven't acted since I was in eighth grade. I used to be in plays every year, for years. But I stopped because even though I loved it, I had to focus on my piano, no matter how much it hurt me. I went to a very demanding school back in my home town and homework was keeping me up late. When I was in plays, all of my grades slipped. I would be at rehearsals for a few hours everyday. And piano took up the rest of my time afterward, so when I finally got home to do my homework, I would be up to like two in the morning trying to finish everything. Then I'd have to wake up at six and start all over again. From lack of sleep, I would constantly fall asleep in class and I had no time for my friends. My parents finally made me pick; piano or theatre. I love the theatre and it would always be a home to me. But music was the future I wanted to take. And that's how I got my scholarship here in the first place so I think that I made the right decision.