2)Suspicion

The song for this chapter is "Just another one" by a Rocket to the moon

____________________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up this morning I wasn't awoken to the sound of birds chirping or a nice tune, not even to a simple pat on the shoulder. I had been rudely hauled out of bed. Chloe had her arm tied around my stiff curled up legs, dragging me across my room, only stopping once to wipe the increasing sweat from her face.

"I get it, I get it! I'm up..." I yelled in a groggy voice and squirmed away from her tight grasp, quickly fleeing to my purple bathroom. Ever so slowly, I took a hot shower and let the luke warm water clean me from head to toe, making sure to rub in my cherry blossom shampoo and conditioner. Afterwards, I slipped back into my pajamas and ran to the kitchen.

Urgently, I ran to the silver freezer and grabbed a couple of eggo waffles, dropping them into the sleek black toaster soon afterwards. While sitting on the wooden stools waiting for the waffles to pop out of the toaster, I noticed complete silence in the dorm. Where was everyone? In the mean-time, I tapped my fingers against the counter and stared at the slowly ticking clock until I heard a "Ding". I hurried to the toaster, letting out an ear shattering "ouch!" when I tried to pick up the waffles. It hurt so much, and already a huge red splotch had formed on my hand.

I had felt the pain instantly, like a fire turning the hand ablaze. I screamed in my head and brought my other hand to hold my injured one. Red spots danced in my eyes as the stinging heat consumed my every thought. Without thinking, I sprinted to the faucet and splashed the cool water on my hand, sighing as the intense burning halted. Finally, I sat back down to my breakfast.

Olive strode in wearing a video game expo T- shirt, one of the many that I had seen in her suitcase, laying beside her bed.

"Good you're finally up." She laughed warmly and walked leisurely to the stove, picking up a pan and cracking an egg she had fished out from the fridge.

"How was your sleep?" I asked taking a large bite of my breakfast, already feeling the pressure to get to class on time.

"Fine, yours?" She replied sweetly and set down her plate with a vegetable omelet, oozing bright green peppers, tomatoes, and yellow cheese from the center.

I was astounded. Olive never mentioned how healthy she was, I felt self conscious as I stared as the hundreds of calories all over my plate. I could almost hear her thoughts as she observed how the large amount of peanut butter seemed to block any view of the actual waffle I was eating.

I shrugged helplessly as I compared her breakfast to mine, I could never last on just an omelet--that's the plain truth."Health-nut," I grumbled.

"Raccoon eyes!" she growled at me. Huh, raccoon eyes? I shrugged it off and continued to eat my waffles, only stopping to chug chocolate milk or wipe my mouth on the napkin set in front of me. After I finished eating I skipped to my bedroom's bathroom and leaned to the mirror. I let out a deep laugh, understanding the "raccoon eyes" thing. The skin underneath my eyes was blacker than the normal light twinge of blue. My crazy brown hair was in a frizzy tangled mess, taking me a good five minutes to just comb through. Then I brushed my teeth and scrubbed my face raw with an acne face wash.

Glancing at the clock, I panicked because I wouldn't have enough time to get to class. Speedily, I raced to my thick brown cabinet and picked out a simple outfit, afterward pulling everything on sloppily. My sun shine yellow tank top was underneath a black jean jacket with a thin red belt on my hips. My light denim skinny jeans cut off right below my ankle, where my black ballet shoes sat on my flatly arched feet.