21)His eyes

The second bell of this morning rung, which I assume means that I am officially late for class- on my first day...great. Just perfect, my very first day and I'm late. What's next?

I wiped the very last tear from my eye and opened the door to my class- not taking the time to closely remember the hallways and room numbers for later.

Everything seemed like a bad movie as I walked in. Shiny wooden tables were in every corner of the room, black rolling chairs neatly underneath.

Gigantic, professional microphones hung from the ceiling with very little black cables. A huge white board was on the opposite side of the room with a few instruments- guitars, key boards, drums- underneath.

"Care to explain why you're late?" A deep, carefree sounding voice asked from beside me. Who is it? I spun around quickly, knocking over a wooden stool behind me.

"Oh, um, sorry-crap, I meant, umm...can I begin again?" I stutter as the stool drops, creating a loud unwelcomed clang, furthering my embarrassment.

Deep brown eyes met mine, a twinkle of remaining youth in them, "Why not? Just try not knocking over anything else, okay?"

Looking down at my hands, I felt a blush the color of a red sports car zoom across my face. Why, why on my first day am I already the school klutz?

"Right, sorry mister..."

"Benz-Mister Benz." The man shook my hand firmly, smiling lightly, "Now, I suggest you tell me and the class your name so we can get on with this."

Okay Aria, deep breath, it's just an introduction-I bet half the class isn't even listening anyways, "Hi. My name is Aria and it's my first year here-"

"Obviously." A voice snorted out from one of the desks. Who was that? Quickly, I spun around, making sure not to bump into anything else, and saw a guy laughing his ass of while Gage-wait, Gage is in this class?- while Gage nudged him, basically saying shut up.

Gage's gray eyes met mine as I gazed at them; I felt a pang in my chest as he looked at me, not doing anything but staring.

Weakly, I waved to him, my hand falling to my side afterward.

"Aria, continue already." Mr. Benz urged while writing the days lesson plan on the board.

"...So, I, I transferred from Gardner's Prep." Shamefully, I stuttered, my voice squeaking at the last word, so much for a good first impression.

The whole class was silent, uncaring that I was struggling like a fish out of water. My eyes unknowingly flickered back to Gage. Would it make a difference if I mentioned my "popular" older brother? Would it?

It can't hurt can it? Would Gage mind? He definitely knows that I'm not cool. When we were little he thought the world of me, but I became too wrapped up in becoming the families' genius. It's just too bad that Skye could be smart and have a social life without actually trying. I wonder what it would be like if I was at Garner's Prep right now. I'd probably be talking to Noah and Tess, sitting at the front of the class room, waiting for our teacher to begin. Do they miss me? Could they when I blew them off all summer, not telling them I was switching schools. I didn't want to tell them. I didn't want to burst our world of bliss.

"Umm, and I'm Skye Fersman's sister."

"Your Skye's-"

"Here we go, another popular-"

"Whoa, now I see the resemblance-"

The comments kept coming, turning chaos throughout the class. Is this really how it's going to be, do I really need to mention Skye to get any attention whatsoever? No, this class is probably just shocked; it is the beginning of the year.