12)The Dance

The song for this chapter is " Rumor has it" by Adelle. Hope you like this chapter, I worked really hard on it.

- simmcha1

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Hello students and faculty. I have a few announcements to read off so listen closely. My first announcement is directed to the tech club; you have a meeting at four o'clock in the school theatre. Also, there will be football team tryouts at five o'clock today at the field. Bring the printed form from the school website to the practice. Next announcement is to a Miss Beverly Clearwater; you have a package at my desk, please come pick it up before the cleaning staff places it elsewhere. Lastly; This Saturday night, we will be having our very own dance. It costs five dollars for a ticket and you can by a rose for your date at the front of the cafeteria. The dance will be at seven o'clock to one o'clock, I will repeat; seven o'clock to one o'clock. That will be all, have a nice day."

So, that's why I found myself standing in the middle of Paradise surrounded by clothing that cost more than my house. Now, this wasn't my choice. If I had it my way, I would have been taking a cat nap in my bed back at the dorm. But against my will, I was dragged here, a store in the nearby mall.

After two hours of shopping, I still hadn't found a dress. Olive already found hers; a rosy pink dress that flowed to her knees. It had a soft texture with black flowers spilling from her waist to the hem on the left side. On the top, she had a heart shaped bodice with the same black flowers stitched with beads. 

While searching through a rack of girly dresses, I heard a squeal from the other side of the store. There, Sage sat wearing breezy green dress that had an attatched black belt and gold lace. The skirt went to just above her knees, and she wore a pair of black wedges on her tiny feet. It was simple, but beautiful and looked perfect on her.

Chloe emerged from the changing room in a Caribbean blue, strapless dress that had a slim waist and went to a modest length, just a little lower then mid-thigh. The shade of blue really looked good with her golden blonde hair, and it  emphasized her flawless skin. She twirled in front of the mirror and smiled widely. "I love it!"

"It's perfect Chloe!" I laughed and gave her a hug, lightly wrinkling the dress, earning me a glare from the manager."Meanwhile, I still haven't found myself a dress." I sais as I plopped down into one of the plush, red sofas.

"Don't worry, you'll find one!" Olive gave me a reassuring smile. 

We all went back to the boutiques and searched through every rack for the perfect dress. I had basically given up all hope until I heard someone calling my name from the back of the shop. I slowly walked over and saw all three of them crowding around this one dress. It had a high V neck that seemed modest enough. It had a flared skirt and a high waist. The top was yellow and it faded into a peach and then faded more into a light pink and then a dark raspberry fushia. It had little crystals along the waistline and gold specks that shined in the light. It looked really girly and I couldn't help but grimace.

"This will look perfect on you, trust me!" Olive urged me.

"It's girly!" I stomped my feet like a little brat but honestly, I was tired. I didn't even want to this dance.

"Try it on now, or we will never leave. You here me!" Chloe ordered. I shook my head and grabbed the dress, walking to the polka dot changing rooms. I locked the door behind me and slipped in to the cotton dress. It had short flared sleeves that ended right at my shoulder blades and gold lining on the edges. I twirled in front of the mirror and felt like a little girl again, a girl going through her princess faze. I happily skipped out the changing room and twirled again in front of Sage, Olive and Chloe. They all gaped and smiled.

"We've found it!" Chloe shrieked and happily hugged me. I smiled as the possibility of going back to our dorm and getting some shut eye.

"Now, we have to get some shoes and accessories!" Sage smirked at me.

________________________________

So I hope you like it and please fan, comment, and vote. It means alot.