Chapter 22

Derek's POV
Dylan asked for time with Addison so I walked in and met with my lawyer as Meredith, Mark, Lexie, Callie, Arizona, Owen, Amelia, Christina, Leo, April and Jackson sat behind me in case they needed to say something to benefit me and my cause to get my son back to me where he belongs. "Hey man, you got this don't let her intimidate you, you can win this." Mark sat patting my shoulder. "Thanks Mark."

Dylan walks in and goes to sit with Meredith as Addison and Jake walk in and both sit down. The judge walks in from behind the stand and takes his spot. "All rise!" And he bangs the gavel and we all sit down again. "So we're here to discuss full custody of Dylan Pierce Montgomery, Correct?" Everyone nods and I start to get nervous, what if this doesn't go my way does my son disappear, will I ever get to see him again after this? If the ruler of all that's evil has a say in this I would never be able to see him again. What did I do? Nothing. She hid him from me. She deserves to pay!

-two hours later-

The judge starts to come out and we all get nervous especially Addison, she's been crying this whole time. "I have come to a decision." We all sit down. "Derek we did great." My lawyer tells me and I nod zoning everything out except for what I hear in the court room.

"I decided that full custody of Dylan Pierce Montgomery remains to Addison Forbes Montgomery. She has done fine for the last 14 years on her own and Dylan has been there since, why tear him away from the only home he's know. Derek Shepard has visitation rights but has to be approved by the court."

He bangs the gavel and I started yelling and I feel hands on me dragging me out the doors. Everything moved in slow motion and Dylan tried to run after us but he was being held back by Jake and He was trying to get through but the doors closed and we were in the car that's the last thing I remembered from that day.

-3 weeks later-

Dylan's POV
We've been back in California for almost two weeks and I hate not being in Seattle with my family. I'm awakened by the curtains opening and light flooding into my room. "Dylan you have to get up now it's 11:47, Henry's already napping." She says pulling the blanket off me.

"I'm not getting up." I tell her putting my pillow over my head. "Yes you are." She tells me ready to yell. "Too bad." I say and she blows. "Get up now Dylan, I'm not going to tell you again!" Crying is heard coming from the hall and she sighs. "Why is everything so damn difficult with you?" She storms out of my room.  As she does I close the door and put the chair up against it so she can't get back in. It reminds me of the day I found out about Derek almost a year ago, damn I miss them all I wish I was there.

The chair starts to wiggle and I can tell she's trying to open the door. "Dylan!" She bangs her fist against the door. I go turn the shower on and lay back down and I turn on my phone.

I was hoping to have calls or texts from Derek but I haven't yet and I want to give him his space so I've been texting with Meredith and she told me he's in bad shape. The chair falls down and the door opens as my mom comes in with Henry and she's pissed. "Why is your shower running?" She asks. "Because I'm getting in it." I say as I walk into the bathroom and lock the door.

After 10 minutes in the shower I get dressed and go downstairs and find my mom making lunch. I grab a cup and fill it with water and grab a yogurt and I go to sit at the table. "I'm making you lunch." I nod. "But I can't skip breakfast, most important meal of the day." I can tell I'm pissing her off way more than I need to but she's been mad ever since her and Jake have been taking a little "break".

I hear a knock on the door and I run to open it seeing Sam on the other side. "Sam!" I hug him as he walks in. "Are you ready for the baseball game?" I nod and grab my things and run to his car and we get to the game. I decided that I want to play baseball in college hopefully but I don't know yet.