Chapter 20

Lexie's POV
It's been almost three weeks for us as a family of five and it's actually more difficult then we both thought it would be. Penelope likes the boys and all but she seems to space everything else out and having two two year olds running around at the same time, it feels like a shit storm sometimes.

"Mark?" I whisper shaking him and looking at the clock, 3:42 am it read. "Mark Everett Sloan!" I hit him with a pillow. "It's your turn." He sighs and gets up heading to her room as I lay back down. He comes back in minutes later and I'm partially asleep. "Lex I feed her but I'm just gonna keep her in here with us." I give him a thumbs up and I fall back asleep.

Getting woke up once again it was actually time to get up with the boys. I look over and notice that Mark and Penelope slept till 9:00 without getting up again and they were still sleeping. Mark wasn't wearing a shirt and she was sleeping on his chest so peacefully I couldn't help but take a picture. "Mommy!" They start to yell I quickly get to their room and open the door. "Hey boys." I say closing their door and get them both out and get clothes and get the dressed. "Are you guys hungry?" Hey nod and we head downstairs.

I look down at my phone because Jo has been keeping me updated with my patients. I'm dying to get back to work but I still have two more weeks until I'm supposed to go back. Mark took the rest of the month off its been fun but I'm anxious to get back a cut someone open. They boys finish eating and I run back upstairs and check in Mark and P and their still sleeping.

"Screw it." I smile and run down the stairs grabbing my phone, purse and keys. "Come on guys were going to take a trip to the hospital. They run out to the car and I buckle them in and quickly drive off towards the hospital. I decide to text Jo.

Me-
Jo I'm coming to check on my patients I need to. Don't let Meredith or Bailey see me please.

I look for the spot that's reserved for Mark because since we always drive together I don't need my own spot so I park in his and get the boys stroller and put them in and lock the car. "Okay we have to be super secretive because Mommy isn't supposed to be here. It's our secret." They look at me. "Okay!" They both yell and smile.

I head in a meet Jo at the entrance. We make a quick switch she gives me the iPad and I give her the stroller and we talk as we go. "How's Mr. William?" I ask her. "All his stats are normal and he should be ready to go home either tomorrow or the next day." I nod happily because he is the nicest man I've met.

"Lexie Grey! Stop right there!" I hear a voice yell from behind me. "I better go." Jo says snatching the iPad and running off. "Damn it Mark I just wanna work!" I whine into his chest. "I know you do so do I. I love these kids but I need to work." I gasp. "I have and idea follow me." I say walking away. "Lex!" He yells. "Yeah." He laughs. "The kids." I run back. "Sorry guys." I say grabbing the car seat and Mark grabs the stroller as he follows me towards Bailey's office.

I walk in Mark a little behind me. "Grey?!" She asks. As she's about to continue Mark walks in. "Sloan?! What the hell are you guys doing here?!" She asks us. "We want to work Bailey, please let us work." I beg. "No! You have time with your kids you need to enjoy it." I look at Mark to take the lead.

"Bailey I am the chief of Plastics, they're are people who need to see this hands that have been given to me because I am the God of plastics." He shows her his hands and I kick him and I look at him. "Bailey please we just want to work, please?" I ask again. You c and tell she's thinking about it and I hope we persuaded her enough.

"Uhh! Fine you guys can work." She says giving in. "Thank you so much Bailey." I kiss Mark and we start running out. "Hey congratulations on the baby!" She yells but we're already heading to the daycare center. Thankfully all three kids fell asleep so we check them in and basically sprint to the attendings lounge to get our scrubs on.

"Aww god I missed this so much!" Mark says getting stares. "I did to, plus we can always go see the kids if we want to." He nods. "But like we promised we're taking off Christmas week, but the 26th we're back in action." He kisses my cheek as I put my scrub cap on hoping I can get a surgery. "I gotta run and find Jackson to see if there's a surgery that needs me." He walks out.

Word about me being back must spread fast as I'm paged 911 down to the ER for something big. Mark peaks his head around the corner. "ER?" He asks and I nod as we walk to the ER together.

"Everyone shut up!" Meredith yells as she turns up the volume on the TV so we can all hear. "In current news we have reports that there has been a crash, bus vs. school. The driver of the bus lost control hitting many other cars until he crashed into the school. No people are confirmed to be dead but many are injured."

"Okay everyone knows what to expect. DeLuca get O-neg now and all attendings be ready for surgeries and quick fixes. Interns and residents make sure you know what your doing and follow your attending school lead! First rig is here Lexie your with me let's go!" April yells as everyone rushes to get on gowns and gloves. "Be safe." Mark says to me. "You too." We quickly kiss as I rush to April.

"What do we got?" April asks. "Scott Burton, 5, was in his car on his way home from school with his mom got hit by the bus. His moms in the rig behind us. She's not as bad off as he is." They tell us. "April I'll wait for the mom you take him and go." She nods as the next rig pulls up.

"This the mom?" I ask the paramedics. "Yeah." I look at her and our eyes meet. "This is---" I cut him off. "I know who she is, Teddy?"