Chapter 21

**Here it goes! As all of you know, hopefully we time skipped about 5 months so if kids ages seem off that's why! Also Jo chose her specialty and surprises are coming.**

Jo's POV
"Alex, where are you going?" I asked him getting out of my car and walking towards him. "I'm going to Mer's I told you this last night." I sighed. "Alex your always there! Your either there or at work!" I say going to my car to get Tommy out of the back seat. "Whatever though I mean I'm only your wife and your kids are here too!" I say as I slam the door on my way inside. "Go play Tommy I'm going to make us some dinner okay?" I kiss his forehead as I set him down and he just sits where I put him.

"Jo." Alex says walking over. "What!" I say as I grab a pot from under the sink. "I'll stay here, I don't need to go to Mer's." He tells me. "Just go Alex." I tell him. "Jo I don't want to make you mad." I laugh. "Well too late huh?" I yell and Tommy starts to cry, Alex starts to walk over. "Just go Alex! Go!" I yell as I shove him out of my way and he slams the door as he walks out and I go over to Tommy who's on the ground.

"What's wrong buddy?" I say getting down to his height. He reaches his hands up and I pick him up and I hear Alex pull out of the driveway. "How about we go see you aunt Steph?" I ask. He nods and points to the door as I grab my purse and phone and we get in the car.

"Steph, we're here are you coming down?" I ask into my phone. She knocks on the window and I laugh. She opens the door and gets in, Tommy screeches from the backseat. "Hey little dude!" She says and gives him a high five.

I start the car as we head to the hospital. "You're coming with me today right?" I ask Steph. "Yeah why isn't Alex going?" I turn down the road and look back to see Tommy dozing off. "Because he forgot and decided to go to Meredith's. I thought he would remember if I yelled at him but he didn't! Steph he went to his friends instead of our kids appointments!" I say starting to cry.

"Hey it's okay. Well it's not but I'm here for you and you have people in your corner Jo. We're here for you guys." I wiped the tears with the back of my hands as I pull into the parking lot.

"Tommy, baby we're here." I whisper trying to get him up. I laugh because this is what I do in the morning. I hear Steph laughing behind me as I attempt again. "I give up with you!" I laugh as I grab him as he continues sleeping on my shoulder.

I sign us in and we go and sit down. "I swear if I see Alex, he's dead. This is part or his wing in this damn hospital." I whisper to Steph. "Jo Karev?" I hear someone call. "Thats us." I say getting up with Steph and Tommy.

Lexie's POV
"I need someone over here!" April yells I notice that Mark, Derek and Christina are working on Teddy. "I'm going to go help April." I run over. "Surgery?" I ask and she nods. "Let's move! You, get an OR ready now!" We start running to the elevator and we get on and I repeatedly tap the button and it finally closes. "What's our plan?" I ask. "The scans came back he has a brain bleed that needs to be fixed asap and I will be working on his liver and kidneys."

I nod as the elevator opens and we run into the OR. The nurses roll the bed in as April and I scrub. "How do you know the other patient?" April asks as she drys her hands. "It's Teddy Altman and this is her son Scott." April looks me dead in the eyes. "Lex, this is the OR where Henry was operated on." I look at April. "Well we better save him then.

Derek's POV
"Deep breaths Derek." I say to myself in the mirror as I button up my shirt and grab a baby blue tie to match my eyes. "Meredith are you ready?" I ask going down the stairs. "Yeah I am, what about Dylan?" I nod as I grab a cup of coffee. "He's almost ready." I sip my coffee as I see Alex turn around the corner. "What are you doing here? I thought you had that thing with Jo?" I ask as I hear Dylan come down the stairs.

"Shit! I forgot about that. That's why she was so mad! Mer I'm so sorry and good luck you guys!" He runs out the door and Meredith looks at me. "Who's gonna watch your other three kids?" I laugh. "Bring them with." She looks at me annoyed. "I'll go get them dressed.

"Dad, I can't tie a tie." Dylan tells me walking over to me. "That's okay bud here I'll teach you." We spend about five minutes going over how to tie it and he finally gets it. "What's going to happen after today?" He asks me a pained look in his face. "Nothing is going to change I'm going to make sure you get to stay here with me." He nods.

"You still don't look happy, what's wrong?" He sighs. "I mean I know she never told you about me and vise versa but will I still get to see her?" he looks up at me and I sigh thinking how to respond. "Whatever and whoever you want to live with is your choice. It's up to you Dylan, the thing is I live in Seattle and your mother lives in California." I get down to his level. "Whatever you pick I won't be mad, upset or whatever. It's your life, as long as your happy I'm happy okay?" He nods and we hug as meredith and the kids come downstairs.

"Ready?" She nods and we all head to the car. We arrive and Meredith takes the kids inside and I see my friends arriving. They give Dylan and us hugs and say something's and head inside. "Well are you ready?" I ask Dylan. "One more thing. I want to see her before I go in." I nod. "Do you want to call her?" He texts her and she automatically texts back. I look around and I spot her sitting on a bench with Henry and Jake. "Hey bud their over there." I point to the bench.

"Will you walk me over?" He asks and holds out his hand for me. "Of course anything for you son." We walk hand in hand over to where they are and we stop ten feet in front of them and I turn him to face me and I put my hands on his shoulders. "Dylan, I'm sorry for everything I'm going to say in there. I'm sorry for not being there for you and I'm not ever going to let you down again. And remember whatever happens in there you will always be my son and I will always love you no matter what." I say tears forming in my eyes. Out of nowhere he hugs me, I drop to my knees hugging him my eyes becoming cloudy.

"Dad I love you and thank you for accepting me right away. You've been more of a dad than anybody in my whole life I love you." We hug for a minute and I finally stand up. I clear my throat and wipe my eyes. "Satan." She laughs. "Derek." I walk in ready for whatever's next.

Dylan's POV
"Mom." I say and walk over to the bench. She gets up and hugs me, I'm a little hesitant but I hug back. "Dylan please stay with me I only did what was best for you. Jake and I love you. I need you Dylan." She pleads. "Mom I want to say three things. One thanks for raising me as best as you could without my father. Two I want to see you but I'm staying in Seattle." She starts to interrupt but I don't let her. "Thirdly, I love you." I kiss her cheek and I go inside and sit by Mark.

Everyone gets inside and the case begins.

**So? How's this. I obviously can't end like this so I'm going to keep going and there's a HUGE surprise coming next chapter! 7 comments for the next chapter!!!! Love you guys! ❤️