Chapter 3

Dylan's POV
I woke up to feel the cool California breeze coming through my window. I rolled onto my stomach and pulled a pillow over my head. "Dylan it's time to get up" I heard my mom say. "Nooooooo" I yawned, "Honey you've gotta get up." She said. "But I don't want to!" I yelled. After about 10 seconds we both heard crying coming from across the hall. "Really you had to wake Henry up!" She yelled back at me. With the pillow still on my head I shifted around trying to go back to sleep. "Dylan get up now!" She yelled agin pulling my blanket off me and tossing the pillow on my head to the ground. When I opened my eyes I saw my mom storming out of my room, obviously annoyed at me. When I saw that she was gone I grabbed my pillow and blanket from the floor and got comfortable again.When my mom passed my room again after getting my little brother she yelled at me again. "Dylan, get up now before I come in there and drag you out myself!" I layed there motionless, "Your choice." I whispered so she couldn't hear me. "What was that?" She yelled again, god this woman loves to yell at me I thought. "Nothing" I said finally getting up. "Good. That's what I thought." She said heading back downstairs. When she left I got dressed and headed down stairs for breakfast.

When I arrived downstairs I headed to the cupboard and got a granola bar, my mom stared at me blankly still annoyed with me, I shrugged it off and headed to the couch. I turned on the tv and sat there until I was interrupted by crying for the second time today within 20 minutes. "Mom! Please make him be quiet!" I yelled at her loud enough so she could hear thought the tv and the screaming. "You know what Dylan, I've had it! With your attitude and your laziness!" She yelled walking into the family room, baby on her hip. "Well maybe I wouldn't be like this if I actually had a dad!" I yelled getting frustrated with her. "Dylan Pierce Montgomery! You know that we do not talk about this subject! I've had it go to your room! I'm going to work and Jake will be here in an hour just please go to your room." She yelled tears in her eyes. "Gladly!" I yelled back.

When I got to my room I opened my laptop and looked at how much a plane ticket was from California to Seattle. I knew who my dad was, even though my mom never told me I looked at my birth certificate, I've know for only 3 months now. His name is Derek Shepard, he's a world class neurosurgeon, he's married to a woman named Meredith Grey and they have 3 kids. Sometimes I wonder if he knows about me, or if my mom just left without telling him that she was pregnant. I know better than to talk about him but for 10 years I've wondered what he's like, does he like ferry boats? Because ferry boats are my favorite things in the world! I never knew why my parents got divorced either. When I googled his name it also popped up that he has 4 sisters. When I clicked on the names I saw a name that was familiar, Amelia Shepard. When I saw her picture I knew who it was. As I stormed down the stairs my mom saw me coming and opened her mouth to speak but I didn't give her the chance.

"Amelia is my fathers sister? She was here a year ago and you didn't tell me that she was related to my dad!" I yelled noticing that she was starting to get cry, then I saw Jake walk in the door. "Does she know? Does my dad even know I exist?" I continued to yell at her. "Hey, what's going on?" Jake asked walking over to my mom. "This doesn't concern you! You know what I.... I... I.... I can't believe you've lied to me my entire life! I hate you! I wish you were never my mom!" I screamed causing Sam my moms neighbor to come running in to our house. "That's enough Dylan!" Jake said. "No! You don't get to tell me anything! I don't have to listen to you! Your not my dad! You'll never be my dad! This is between me and my mom, so back off!" I yelled at him running to my room. "Dylan please! Please wait!" My mom yelled after me. I stopped went down three steps so she could see me and yelled at her. "NO! Never talk too me again! I don't want to see you ever again! And I'm tired of being 3rd place to Jake and Henry! You know who's had enough, I have! Maybe if I lived with my dad my life wouldn't always feel like hell!" I ran back up the stairs and slammed my door shut.

I sank to the floor sitting in front of my door blocking it so if anyone tried to come in they couldn't. I sat there and cried. I cried because I don't know my dad, she's kept secrets from me forever, and I just got into the worst fight Ive ever had with my mom. As I sat there all alone I heard a knock on my door. "Hey baby, can I come in?" I heard a voice ask. I knew that voice anywhere it was my mom. "Dylan I'm so sorry, you have to believe me when I say that." She pleaded though the door. "I don't believe you and I never will!" I yelled back at her, I grabbed my desk and pulled it in front of the door, then I went to my bathroom and started running the shower. As I was about to jump into the shower all I hard were sobs behind my door. I couldn't listen to it anymore. I grabbed my phone and hooked it up to the speakers in my bathroom, turned on my music and hopped in the shower. After about 15-20 minutes of showering I got out got dressed and laid back in my bed. It was only 11:43, but I fell asleep. I feel asleep crying.