Chapter 16

Derek's POV
Dylan has finally fully recovered and he's been staying with Meredith and I since everything happened. Addison has seen his twice since he's been home because I haven't allowed her to any other times. I get disrupted from my thoughts as Meredith plops onto our bed and sighs.

I lean down and kiss her forehead and she smile. "I think our kids are planning to kill us slowly." She says and I laugh. "Oh Meredith." She laughs a little and scoots closer to me so her head is in my lap and my arms around her. "Sink was thinks about having a dinner party this weekend, what do you think?" She asks. "I think it's a great idea." I tell her and she smiles up at me.

"Good, because I already invited a bunch of people." I look at her. "Who did you invite?" She starts to think. "Well Callie, Arizona, Sofia, Kylie, Jo, Alex, Addison, Amelia and Owen." I look at her wide eyed. "Meredith Grey! You can't invite the devil to our house!" I yell getting angry.

"To late, I already did." She says and goes into the bathroom to take a shower. I get frustrated and throw the remote at the wall, how could she do this to me?

*Sorry were skipping to the day of the party. And surprise! Jolex has a son!*

Jo's POV
"Alex!" I yell while doing my makeup. When he doesn't respond I walk out to the family room to see the tv on but him lying on the couch asleep. I laugh a little and bend down to push my lips onto his. "Wakey, wakey." I laugh and stand up as his eyes flutter open. "Hey beautiful." He says as he pulls me down on top of him, he succeeded. I give him a quick peck and stand up.

"We need to get ready Alex, they party is at 5:00 and it's almost 1:00." I say as I walk back into our room and he follows. "I laid all your clothes over there." I said pointing to the clothes I picked out on our bed. "Thanks." He says and starts getting dressed. "Did you happen to check if Thomas was still sleeping?" I ask cursing my hair.

"Yeah he was I'm pretty sure, listen--" But before he could finish his sentence his pager went off. He looks at it and sighs and starts to take off his dress clothes. "Uhh I'm sorry Jo, there's an emergency at the hospital and I need to go." He says quickly kissing my cheek and walking towards the door. "Don't slam it!" I say but it's to late, he's gone and he woke up our kid.

"Damn it Alex!" I whisper-yell to myself. I walk towards the crying and open the door to Thomas's room and see him standing in his crib crying. "Oh I'm sorry baby, your daddy doesn't ever listen." I say going over to pick him up.

He reaches his arms up and I pick him up and hug him as I feel his little arms wrap around my neck and the crying stops. I kiss the top of his little sweaty head and walk to the family room where I can hear my phone chiming meaning I got a text. I look and notice it's from April.

I grab my phone with my free hand and go to sit on the couch with Thomas. I sit down and read her text.

April 👯
Jo if your not busy please help me, call me ASAP!

I laugh a little and dial her number as I put the phone to my ear. On the third ring she answers. "Hey April what's up?" I ask. "Can you come over here before the party please?" She asks sounding desperate. "Yeah I'll be over in 30 minutes." I say. "Oh thank god!" She says and hangs up.

I set my phone down on the couch cushion next to me and begin to stand up so I could get Thomas ready for the party, granted he's only almost two he's kinda in the terrible twos. I go to his room and close the door to insure that he can't escape the room and I set him down on the floor. I quickly realized that was a mistake because he immediately started crying. I know some people say to let them cry it out, but I can't it breaks my heart to see him so upset. I grab him and place him on my hip as I grab his clothes and put them on the floor as I sit down with him.

I undress and dress him as quickly as possible and grab him before he can cry more. I pack a bag for him and grab his blanket and pacifier and we head towards the car. As I open the car door to put him in his car-seat he started crying as I buckled the straps and closed his door. I hopped into the drivers seat and started to drive towards April's house.

Quickly I realized that the crus we're becoming my softer and softer until they were no more. I look back in his little mirror and notice that he's asleep. I fist pump the air getting stares from the cars next to me and I continue to drive to April's.

When we get there I pull into her driveway and go to get Thomas from his seat and try to figure out how to pick him up but not wake him up. I pick him up successfully and head to the door and knock. She quickly answers the door and I go to sit on her couch as I lay Thomas next to me and I sit low in the cushions.

"Thank you for saving me from my mother." She says coming to sit down across from me. "Yeah, of course." I say as I look around noticing no ones here. "Hey, where is everyone?" I ask. "Jackson got called in with Alex, my mom and sisters took Liam somewhere, and Blake is in that." She says pointing to a baby swing.

"Hey have you told Alex yet?" She asks taking a sip of her water. "No I don't know how to."