Chapter 1

Christina's POV
"Dr. Yang?" Someone asks me when I turn around I notice that it's Shane. "What do you want?" I asked him. "First how did Alec Strum's surgery go?" He asked. "Good. Anything else or are you just going to stare and admire my perfection?" I asked him, he chuckled then continued "Also, Dr. Kepner is in your office waiting for you." I drop the cup of coffee in my hand and spit out the coffee in my mouth. "Kepner as in April Kepner, the one married to Jackson Avery?" I asked shocked. Shane nods his head as soon as he does that I shove my charts into his arms and start running to my office. When I open the door It revealed Kepner, she had her face in her hands she didn't know I came in. April had changed. A LOT. When I walked in I saw Kepner 2.0, she was wearing a maroon jacket with a plain grey shirt underneath tucked into black pants and timberland boots and her hair was in a very loose messy bun. Kepner 1.0 would be wearing a nice shirt underneath a perky cardigan a skirt with flats, and a bejeweled headband. Eww.

"Kepner....... You've changed! A lot!" I started chuckling at the last part. When she looked at me her face was pale white and had tear stains all over her face. "Kepner what's wrong?" I asked her trying to sound kind. "You know I have-- had three kids right?" She asked sniffling I nodded and sat in the chair next to her. "Kar.. K.. Karlee went into heart failure and they couldn't revive her she..s...she's dead Christina! SHES DEAD!" She yelled. "Hey, hey listen to me!" she looked me right in the my eyes. I continued "We need to get you back to Seattle now! Remember what happened with Samuel? You can't leave your husband, let alone your two perfectly healthy boys." she nodded and we walked out of my office. "Hey Kepner, I have to go find Dr. McKire, I'll be right back I promise." I told her while leading her to the nearest bench I could find.

When I turned around I saw Shane studying a chart while walking. "Shane!" I yelled, he looked at me and then walked over. "Yeah Dr.Yang?" He asked. "DO NOT let April out of your sight I will be right back." Shane nodded and he went to go sit with April. "Shane, come here!" I said right as he sat down, when he reached me again I started. "Pack your bags, were going to Seattle." He looked at me confused then nodded and went back to sit with April. I was running through the halls trying to find Dr. McKire but I couldn't find him anywhere. "Hey can you please page Dr.McKire thanks." I said to the nurse walking past me. "Of course Doctor." She said and went to go page him. "Dr. McKire to nurses station 5, Dr.McKire!" I hear over the loud speaker as I went too sit on the closet bench I could find. About five minutes later Dr.McKire was talking to a nurse who nodded, looked over at me and pointed, they both looked in my direction, nodded and he started heading over."And what do I owe the honor to see my amazing, witty and loving girlfriend? And boss?" he asked in that British accent that always makes me melt inside, but I never show it.

He gives me a kiss on the cheek and sits next to me. "Well..." I say resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm going to Seattle for a while, my friends need me and I haven't seen Mer for a while a----" I was cut of "Mer was here a month ago! And you still haven't told her about me, have you?" He asks me. "No, I haven't found the perfect time too tell her yet." I say sucking in air through my teeth making an obnoxious noise. "Christina we've been dating for 8 months." He says "But anyways what about Seattle?" I continued "Leo, don't worry I'll tell Mer when I'm there, anyways I haven't seen everyone for a while including evil spawn. And my friends needs me now so I have to go, I don't know how long I'll be gone but I'm sure It'll be a while. I'll try to run the hospital while in Seattle, I'll video chat during meetings I'll fly back and forth. But I think I'm sick of Zurich, don't get me wrong I love running my own hospital but I miss my friends." we stare at each other in silence. "Anyways your in charge Shane is coming with me, take good care of my hospital." I say we both stand up. We both stare into each other's eyes he finally cups my face and brings it to his, when I kiss him I don't know what happens the only other time I have felt better than this is when Owen kissed me. Owen was the only man that made me feel better than Leo did. Owen. When I think of him I pull back slightly and run off, no words spoken between me and Leo. Because I remember I'll have to see him.

I get back to the bench where Shane and April were sitting. "You guys ready to go?" I ask them both. As we start walking I speak up "Shane go pack I'll pick you up at your place in a couple of hours okay?" He nods and we head into different directions. I unlock my phone as were walking towards my car and I notice I have 4 missed calls, all from Meredith. I touch the voicemail button and put the phone on speaker and I hear Meredith's voice "Christina its urgent! This is the fourth time I've called! Your probably in surgery or something but April is missing she ran away 3 nights ago and everyone is super worried. Jackson even called the cops there's a full investigation going on here!" I look over at April who's mouth is wide open and her face is red, blotchy and tear stained. The message continues after a 5 second pause. "If you know where she is please call me I've got to go so bye." The message stops by the time we reach my car. I quickly call Meredith. Voicemail. "Hey Mer I got a flight into Seattle I'll be there tomorrow morning around 11, can you pick me up please? Text me." I left her a message and April and I drove in silence back to my house.