Chapter 4

Addison's POV
It's been eleven hours since Dylan and I had the worst fight I could ever imagine. I've been sitting outside of his door since this morning, it's now 10:47 p.m. "Babe please come to bed, sleep." I heard Jakes soft voice behind me. "No. I need to stay here just in case Dylan decides to come out." I whisper back. "What about Henry?" He asked me. I knew I had to get up from the ground but I couldn't force myself too. "Please Jake, will you take care of him. I have to wait for Dylan." I said. Jake squatted down, nodded, gave me a kiss and headed to Henry's room. I heard footsteps in Dylan's room and put my ear too the door. I couldn't hear anything clearly. I woke up in my own bed to hear Henry crying. I went to Henry's room and noticed Dylan's door was open. I quickly picked up Henry and went to my room, I woke up Jake and handed him Henry. I quickly and quietly headed downstairs to see no one.

I walked back up the stairs to see Dylan walking back to his room. "Dylan" I yelled. He looked back and ran into his room slamming the door inches within my hand, I was so close. I heard things shifting in his room, probably blocking the door. I walked back to my room where Jake and Henry were waiting for me. "He'll forgive you Addison, your his mother." Jake told me while I started to pace around my room. "Maybe he's right. He should know Derek and Derek should know him." I whispered to myself. "Jake, Were going to Seattle. I know I know you think this is crazy but I feel so bad that I've kept Derek from Dylan for this long, he needs to know his dad. Am I crazy?" I looked over to my husband. "No.... I think your brilliant."

^FLASHBACK
"Welcome to your new home Dylan!" I said as I looked at the tiny little baby that laid in my arms. When we got back to the house I was exhausted. I took Dylan to his room which was right across the hall from mine. I got to lay down for about ten minutes before he started crying again. "Please, please go to sleep." I sang. he finally fell asleep and we both got sleep, this was going to be hard, just the two of us.

"How do I tell Dylan that were going to Seattle?" I asked Jake. "Well lets not rush telling him. Just answer all his questions." He responded. "Okay, okay i'll do that tomorrow. Come here Henry, I need sleep and so do you." I said picking up Henry and heading to his room. When I finally put Henry down I headed downstairs. As I passed Dylan's room I didn't hear anything. When I got downstairs I got a glass of water and I looked over at the coffee table.

^FLASHBACK
Dylan and I were sitting on the floor playing, I went to go get food from the kitchen. when I got back Dylan was holding himself up on the coffee table, he's been able to stand for 3 weeks now. I went to go sit back down a little ways from him, and he started walking over! "Come on Dylan, you can do it!" I cheered for him and he started smiling and laughing. When he fell he started crying, so I walked over to the place where he laid crying and picked him up. "Its okay." I whispered in his ear. "It's okay."

As I walked back up the stairs I put my ear up to Dylan's door. Typing, that was all I heard typing. I knocked on the door and tried to talk to him. "Dylan? please go to sleep." Radio silence. "I love you." I listened for any response but got nothing. I walked back to my room crying. When I woke up the next morning Jake was gone at work. I peeked my head into Henry's room where he was still sleeping. I went to Dylan's door and tried to talk to him again. "Okay, I know your mad at me but you've got to come out of your room." I heard a loud bang. "Ouch!" I heard Dylan cry "Dylan! are you okay?" I yelled. His door opened and Dylan walked out. "Are you ok?" I asked walking over to hug him. He dodged my hug and ran down the stairs. "Dylan!" I yelled after him not able to go down the stairs that quickly due to my heels I was wearing. When I got downstairs he had a bag of frozen peas on his left eye. "What happened?" I asked trying to get a response, and then Henry started to cry.

I watched Dylan who just stared at me blankly. I reached down to take my heels of so I could move quickly. I ran up the stairs got Henry changed and started to run back down and noticed Dylan's door was still open. "Dylan please talk to me." I pleaded setting Henry on the ground. "No" he responded. "I get your mad at me, but you have no right to treat me this way!" I said sternly looking at him. "You don't understand! everyone is always talking about how great their dad is, oh and here's my personal favorite, me and my dad went fishing this weekend. I wish I knew who my damn dad was already!" he yelled. "Watch your mouth! your 13 years old you can not use those words." I yelled back at him. " I give up! I don't care anymore just leave me alone." he yelled heading up the stairs. "Wait! I'll tell you anything you want to know about your dad!" I yelled up the stairs. I heard him running back down the stairs. "Really?" he asked. "Really." I responded. "Thank you thank you thank you!" he said cheerfully hugging me. We walked over to where Henry was sitting.

Dylan sat on the couch while I sat on the floor with Henry. "So does he know I even exist?" he asked me. I cleared my throat and began "No, he doesn't. Only because he was getting married and told me never to talk to him again." he nodded and continued. "Does Amelia know who I am?" he asked. "No, she thinks your adopted." I said. he sat there blankly. I picked up Henry and went to sit on the couch with him. He laid his head on my shoulder and I laid my head on his. "I have something I want too tell you." I said. "What?" he said moving his head onto my lap. "You, me, Henry and Jake are going to Seattle for a while." his head jolted up. "Really!" he said enthusiastically, dropping the bag of peas. "Yeah, let me look at your eye first though." I replied and he smiled happily.