James and Lily

“How do I look?” asked Lily anxiously as she stood in their dorm.

“Twirl,” said Cassie, and Lily obliged. “Awful, as always.”

“That’s not funny Cass! I need your honest opinion just for once!”

“Chill Lil! James has fancied you for years, even when you had acne! He’s not going to care now!”

“I never had acne!” she gasped.

“What are those things on your face?”

“Freckles, and there aren’t very many of them either!”

“Oops, my bad. I can give you acne if you want,” she said, holding her wand out.

“I’m fine thanks,” said Lily. “So this?”

“You look fine,” said Cassie, exasperated.

“Good. Fine is good enough for me,” Lily replied as she turned and walked downstairs, “after all, it’s only Potter. Aren’t you coming?” she shouted, her voice drifting back up the stairs. “Your boyfriend’s going too you know!”

“Yeah yeah, just coming now,” Cassie said, as she grabbed her shoes and raced down the stairs after Lily. “Just needed some shoes.”

“Well they’re not exactly essentials,” she smirked.

“Yeah yeah,” said Cassie as she pushed Lily out of the portrait hole. “Time to meet your Prince Charming.”

“How do you know about Prince Charming?” asked Lily curiously.

“I was once forced to spend a night with a young and homesick Muggle.”

Lily laughed as she remembered her very first night at Hogwarts when, despite all of her excitement she couldn’t sleep because she missed home, and Cassie had stayed up with her and read fairytales. “I forgot about that!”

“You shouldn’t. In fact, you should be forever in my debt.”

“Here, have an IOU,” she said, as she conjured a scrap piece of parchment with her wand and gave it to Cassie.

“Thank you, I will treasure it forever. Not to mention cash it when it’s most inconvenient for you.”

“I wouldn’t expect anything less,” she said as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

“Have fu-un!” called Cassie in a sing-song voice before she kissed Sirius.

“I missed you,” he whispered with a smile, making Cassie hit him lightly. “Don’t be silly Sirius! I saw you yesterday!”

“I still missed you.”

“Come on stupid, let’s go and buy up Honeydukes!” she said as she dragged him through the grounds.

“What are you dressing up as for the Gryffindor party?” he asked.

“What Gryffindor party?” Cassie asked.

“We’re holding a Halloween party in the common room tonight. Gryffindors only, of course. It’s going to be really good and everyone’s dressing up. Prongs has it all organised.”

“Wow that’s a first! Him being organised!”

“Well I think that Lily organised it and then just told him when she needed to spread the word,” he said with a grin.

“Well that would be the typical way that it would happen, wouldn’t it,” she replied with a grin as they entered Hogsmeade.

***************************************************************************