Chapter Twenty Two - Just Thinking

"Okay, okay. Mom, what did you think of Tyra?" I asked, more of an actual question that's joke.

"I think she's a great girl, and from what was going through her mind when we met, I can tell that she loves you." Hope said, I smiled.

"Thanks, Hope." I said before going to the stairs.

"Tripp?" Hope called.

"Yeah?"

"Have you told her, yet?"

"I'm going to tomorrow."

"Okay, she might not understand what's ending at first."

"I know, but she has to know. It's not what I want, I want to be truthful with her. Even if she doesn't understand at first." I said before going through my door and laying on my bed, I felt my throat tighten and my eyes grow to have a reddish tint. Shit, I hate this. I searched my bag for the blood bags, found one and downed it. It's a good thing this didn't happen during the date. I don't want to hurt Tyra, I never want to. How does Hope do this with Andy?

"Pizzas here!" Andy called, I smiled. Pizza, my second favourite food. I came downstairs and saw Andy put two boxes down on the kitchen table.

"Okay, uh. Grab a paper plate, and let's eat in the living room." Hope said as she grabbed her salad and went to the living room.

I grabbed my pizza and went to the living room, we watched some tv, Raising Hope, I think. I finished and grabbed more pizza, Hope and Andy had finished eating and had been kissing for more than three minutes.

"Mom, dad. Don't do that in front of me, it's embarrassing." I said while jokingly groaned in annoyance.

"Oh, your gonna be doing this soon. If I didn't know better I think you have already." Andy said, all dad-like.

"I'm not a kid." I said.

"Well, I'm not that old." Andy said.

"Yeah, twenty one isn't old." Hope said.

"Thank you, Lynda." Andy said.

"Why do call me Lynda?" Hope asked.

"Lynda is a beautiful name, I love your name." Andy said, yeah. Their mates so, of coarse he feels like this. It's a wonder they haven't done it yet, ugh. What if they have, already?

"Tripp? Are you okay?" Hope asked.

"Oh, yeah. Just wondering if you two have done it yet." I said casually.

Andy and Hope laughed. "No, we haven't." Hope said. "I'm not quite ready for that."

I laughed a little. "Okay, well. Don't forget to use protection." I told Andy casually. Andy was miserably losing at holding in laughter from what I told him. "We don't want babies now do we?" I said.

I finished the last of my third piece of pizza and headed to my room, I got my makeup off and put my pyjamas on, I got into bed and thought about tomorrow, how would I tell her? Just straight out? Or bring her somewhere private? No, just straight out, practically everyone knows so...

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

(Dream/Nightmare)

I was leaning on a post in front of Tyra's school, unlike me she still goes to school. The bell rang and five minutes later Tyra came out with Ebony walking beside her, Tyra saw me and took Ebony's wrist and walking towards me.

"Hey, Tripp. This is Ebony. Ebony, this is Tripp." Tyra said, I held out my hand for Ebony to shake. Ebony smiled and we shook hands. Ebony sort of stared at me a little.

"So, Tripp. What's up?" Tyra asked.

"Um, I have to tell you something. But, uh. It's a little private." I looked apologizingly at Ebony, hopefully she understood. Ebony shrugged.

"Okay, see you later then." Ebony said and hugged Tyra good bye. She didn't think anything of this.

"Okay, so. What is it?" Tyra asked.

"It's sort of hard to say, but. I want to be truthful with you, I don't want to keep secrets from you. So.. I'm a.. Vampire." I said nervously.

"What?" Tyra asked.

"Please. Don't think that I want to hurt, I'd never do that." I said, careful for her reaction.

"No." Tyra said.

"Please understand. I-" Tyra cut me off. "No! Get away from me!" Tyra shouted.

"Tyra!" I said. But she was already leaving. "Tyra please. Don't go!" I said.

"No, you monster!" Tyra screeched and ran away.

(End of dream)

I sat straight up in my bed. It was just a dream. But this might happen, I put a hand on my forehead. Tyra isn't like that, though. But then again, humans can feel threatened easily. She might get the wrong idea and... No, she isn't like that!

"Tripp? Is everything okay?" I heard Hope say, I was slightly crying.

"Tripp, hey. It's okay. What's wrong?" Hope asked, she was hugging me, comforting me to stop crying.

"It's nothing, it's just a.. Stupid dream." I said while wiping the tears off of my face and sniffling.

"What was it about? Can you tell me?" Hope asked. I nodded and told her how I told Tyra what I was and how she reacted and how it made me feel, I felt heartbroken.

"Well, that won't happen. I can tell that Tyra's not like that." Hope said while rubbing circles on my back.

"I hope, I'm going to tell her. Tomorrow." I said, looking at Hope. She nodded and smiled.

"Okay, now go back to bed. If you want to pick Tyra up from school tomorrow then you gotta get some sleep." Hope said, sounding very mom-like.

"Okay, mom." I said tiredly.

Hope laughed and said "Goodnight, Tripp." And left my room. I laid back and tried not to think of Dream-Tyra's reaction, it hurt so much when she called me a monster...

--Lynda's P.O.V.--

Tripp looked so worried and sad, even heartbroken. I hope Tyra understands how Tripp feels about her, or Tripp will truly feel like there's nothing for him here. But there is, it's so obvious that Tyra is Tripp's mate.

I went back into my room, Andy had fallen back to sleep. I climbed under the covers of our bed and snuggled close to Andy. I mean, if Andy wasn't scared then Tyra won't be, right? I sure hope so..

"Hey, what's up?" Andy asked, putting his arms around me again.

"Oh, Tripp had a nightmare, about him telling Tyra, but she.. Uh, called him a monster and ran away. I told him that she isn't like that, and she'll understand. But I honestly don't know if what I said is true." I said. I hate to see my brother like this.

"It's okay, I can most definitely tell that Tyra is a considerate person, she'll know that he loves her, and that he would never hurt her. It's okay." Andy said.

"So wise. Even though your barely half asleep." I joked. Joking made me feel better sometimes, right now it sort of did. Not much, but still.