Chapter 50: Epilogue

**Chapter 50: Epilogue**

Two years later

February 14, 2017: Danny's 3rd birthday

Song for this scene: Someday by Rob Thomas

It's a four minute song but I think it fits with Ava's thoughts. Anyway, please enjoy the last chapter of this book. Chapter 50: Epilogue. Please remember to vote, comment, fan! Love ya guys! <3

"Push hiyer mommy!" 

Danny's small voice shouts as his body comes closer to my arms. I push him again and I have to laugh when he starts saying 'wee'. 

The park is lovely today. For February fourteenth there aren't many people here. Just a few couples walking around. The weather is beautiful too. High sixties, which is kind of chilly for Nevada but I digress. The day is still beautiful; rays of sun beaming down on us and Danny's laughter filling my ears. While I push him on the swing my mind collects thoughts.

Looking back now, I've gained a new perspective about Ian. 

He has taught me something most people spend a lifetime trying to figure out. In those torturous three months he has taught me how to treat people; with love, kindness, patience, and an un-judging heart. I can only say that he has made me a better person because he taught me the true value of love. Not just by saying you love someone but by proving it. He has taught me how pure someone can truly be and despite the monstrosity of a person he is, he has taught me how to love every single thing, good or bad. The very being I hated most has brought me peace and happiness, despite not wanting to have him.

And no, I'm not saying that Ian is a good person or someone worth looking up to. I'm only saying that the pain he has caused me has brought me someone worth suffering for. Out of my horrible turmoil came a special person whom I love with my soul. No it's not Ian, Chris or Jared; it's my beautiful son Danny. Before, all I cared about was family, friends, the latest fashion, dating, school, and work. But now I have one more thing to add to the list; the one person I care about more than anything in the world is my son. I love him more than I love myself and I'll go to hell and back just to protect him. 

He's the light at the end of my dark, depressing tunnel. Every morning I wake, it's for him. While Dana and Jared are the reasons why I made it out of Ian's grasp, Danny is the one who keeps me out. He keeps me from thinking back on those horrible days, weeks, and months that I was captive with Ian. I thought I was dying on the inside when in reality the life inside of me was giving me life.  As he was growing inside of me I was growing too. My son saved me. He's my own personal savior; heaven sent and I love him more just for that. 

When I look at him I see Ian all over again but when I interact with him, I see a completely different person. A calmer, friendlier, and much happier person. A boy who is the complete opposite of Ian. It's funny how Ian, the very man who took my life from me gave it right back. And he may have taken Dana too but she lives on through Danny, which makes me glad that I named him after her. Yes, I'm so much happier with Danny in my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. He is and will always be the most pivotal person in my life.

And every time I see him smile at me I know he's nothing like the evil man his father is. No, he's purer, gentler. He hates seeing people step on ants, just like me. He pulls a blanket over his grandma when she's fallen asleep on the sofa. He loves music; which I think he gets from both of us. When he plays with girls he flirts with them. I think he got that from Ian but it's still unbelievable at his age. Even though he has large green eyes, dimples and dirty blond hair like his dad, he also shares my small nose and tan skin complexion. He may look like his dad but he's not evil like him; he's a better person than Ian will ever be.