Chapter 5

Vote, comment, and fan. Thanks for reading. :D

Love,

Naya <3

The bathroom to the right ------------------->

I've been looking at this crap in this bowl for 10 minutes now. Ever since Ian put- more like slammed- it on the table I've been wondering what it is, too afraid to eat it. From the looks of it I'm guessing it's some sort of slop with chunks of mystery meat in it. It reminds me of what they serve in prison. Yuck! I dip the spoon in the bowl and listen to the 'plop' sound it makes as I drop the contents of the spoon back into the bowl. My stomach growls again, reminding me of how hungry I am and I respond with a strained groan.

"Eat up. That's all you get until dinner." Ian is leaning on the island counter across from me with a smug look on his face.

"What is it?" I bravely ask. I'm sick of his games. He obviously knows I'm hungry based on the loud, obnoxious gurgles my stomach is making.

"Don't ask questions, just eat." He barks. If he thinks I'm going to do what he says with that attitude then he's wrong so I cross my arms and give him the most infuriated glare I can muster.

He grabs my cheeks with both hands and brings his face close to mine. I can feel the air coming from his nose on my face.

"Don't glare at me." He squeezes my cheeks harder with each word, causing me to wince in pain. Shit Ava, fight back. I bring my fingers up and push them in his eyes. He grunts in pain before releasing his hold on me. Since he can't open his eyes he feels around for me but ends up knocking over the bowl. I back away and run up the stairs. There's so many rooms so I choose the third door on the left. This room has white walls and light hardwood floors. I furrow my eyebrows when I see a baby bassinet on a white carpet in the middle of the room. A chair is in the corner by the window. Ian had a baby? I wonder while inching closer to the teddy bear beside the bed. The light blue bear looks new, in fact it still has the tag on it. Hmm. I put the bear down and look for pictures of some sort but there aren't any.

The wood floor creaks and I began to panic. Shit! It's Ian. Looking around quickly, I see a closet. I close myself in and hide behind the toybox. The slits in the closet door allow me to have a view of the room and I silently pray he doesn't find me. But once again luck has betrayed me. I cover my mouth as the door kicks open. It slams into the wall with such force that I have to muffle my scream. He slowly walks in whistling.

"Ohhhh Avaaaa." He sings. His tone is too calm and I know that means he's pissed. It's like the calm before the storm. I can't see his angry face but I can feel his presence.

"Why...Do.. You...Keep on leaving me!" He shouts. And I can see his knuckles tightly grip the dresser as he remains hunched over.

"Do you want to leave me Ava? Because if you think you will you're wrong! ...You'll never leave me!"

He knocks over the dresser and I jump back so far that I hit my head against the wall. He must have heard me because his head snaps to the closet. His footsteps are slow and steady as he walks toward my safe haven and stops outside of the door. My breathing quickens when he opens the door and I shrink back, wishing I was invisble.

"You ungrateful bitch." He yanks me by my hair and throws me into the wall. My whole body throbs but I quickly recover and start to crawl away on my hands and knees. He holds my legs and starts to pull me back so I start to kick. He growls and falls back, letting go of my legs. Ha! I got him. I hurriedly get up and run to the hallway. 'Thud. Thud. Thud.' is the sound of my feet on the hardwood floor. I look behind me for a second and see him running towards me. And before I know it I'm instantly tackled to the ground.

"No..." I whimper with tears in my eyes.

"That's fucking it, Ava!" He yells while pulling my arm and leading me down the stairs.

"No no no! Please!" I beg as we enter the garage. There's no cars. I'm guessing because his is parked outside. He pushes me into a chair and ties my hands to the arm of the chair then my feet to the legs of the chair. I squirm and try to pull my hands out but the binds are too tight. I see him go into a back room then come out with a....branding iron? Oh no!

"No, n- no. Ian please don't hurt me!" I'm now shaking. The heat from the iron resonates as he comes closer to me so I try to push my body farther into the chair.

"Struggle all you want, I'll just do it again until it looks good." He says. "Now, where do you want it?...Oh, Silly me." he slaps his forehead.

"I own you, I can put it wherever the hell I want."He chides. A devilish grin creeps up on his face as I began sobbing loudly.

I flinch when he caresses my cheek, "Shh Ava. You don't want the neighbors to hear...Oh, wait." He teases me while I look away from him, still sobbing.

The sizzling sound of the iron blocks out my screams as it connects to the skin below my left collarbone. I can feel my flesh peeling off. The pain is indescribable as the iron sticks to my raw skin. To say it's excruciating is a huge understatement. The worst part is that he caught me off guard. I was not prepared for this, but in reality, who is? My eyes sting from the pain and it's like they're burning too. I close them from fear of seeing his putrid face. This experience will definitely traumatize me. Ian's face will forever haunt my dreams and reality. I won't escape. At this point I'm shaking profusely and my skin is sticky and clamy from sweat. It feels like it's been on my skin for hours. And even when the iron comes off of my skin I can still feel the scolding heat.

He bends down to my hanging head, wipes the stray hair from my face and kisses my forehead.

"I hope you've learned something today. You can't ever escape me. And besides, I branded you." Ian unties me but I still can't move.

"I have to go in to work to handle some business so I'll be home by 5:30. Have dinner ready by six." I hear his footsteps and the door slam as he leaves.