Chapter 14

Chapter 14. Un-edited. Vote, comment, fan. Thanks for reading and enjoy. :D

Love,

Naya

My smile is brighter than the sun as the Autumn leaves fall around me. With my head back, eyes closed and my arms out, I spin gracefully; taking in the beauty of Autumn. My long brown locks dance in the light the breeze as I spin faster and faster. Dizziness consuming me and all bad thoughts brush past me as the light breeze turns to a raging wind. I've always adored this time of year because the season is changing and I welcome change. I find solace in this woodland.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I stop suddenly when I hear a faint voice of a child. Opening my eyes I look around but see nothing.

I jump when I feel little hands tugging on my jeans.

"Mommy!"

Slowly looking down, I see a boy about 4 years old with dirty blond hair, and big green eyes. His cheerful smile reveals his two front teeth. He's adorable but Where's his mommy?

"Where's your mommy?" I ask, stepping down to his eye level. His soft, small hand takes mine and leads me through the moss covered trees and crunchy leaves of the forest to a large two story brick house. It has two bay windows and deep mahogany double doors. There are no more homes in sight and just like the home i'm captive in, woods surround it.

We enter into the foyer and the young boy points to the left and on the wall is an oval shaped mirror. The girl in the mirror still looks young. She has her same wavy, brown hair, small round, nose, and shimmering dark brown eyes like a deep sea of garnet. Her tan skin still creates a glow and her bruised face has healed; leaving scars as a reminder of her cruel captor.

Ask me how I know all of this... Because the girl in the mirror is me. I pull the collar of my shirt down and gently glide my fingers over the brand under my left collarbone. It's healed but the memory never will.

"It's me..." I whisper sadly, looking down at the boy.

He nods at me while giving me a satisfied smile just like Ian's.

My ragged breathing is all I can hear after I open my eyes. My chest is heaving up and down from my heart pounding so frantically. I try to sit up but cease when I feel Ian tightly gripping my waist. This causes me to release a low wimper.

That dream took the pain away...or maybe it was the painkillers. Whatever the case, I felt no pain. But now pain is bone crushing. Literally.

"Ian..." I whisper. I'm too afraid to wake him so when he didn't respond I use my hands to pry his off of my stomach.

I feel him lift his head off of my neck.

"For fucks sake Ava, it's 4 a.m. Go back to sleep." His voice is groggy and his warm breath caresses my bare skin. And not in a good way.

"But..." I trail off, needing him to understand the severity of pain I'm in.

He sighs heavily as he hugs my waist tighter and I groan loudly in pain. I take that as him telling me to be quiet so that's what I do. I hold in my breath as tears escape my eyes.

I try with every fiber in my body to fall back asleep but I just can't. My mind is restless and I can't stop thinking about the boy in my dream. It felt so real, as if I was really there with him. And his facial features resembled Ian's while his tan skin resembled mine. That alone scared the hell out of me. To bare a child is one thing but to bare the devil's child is another. God I hope I'm not pregnant. I gently rub my stomach at that thought.

Wait! There was that room I ran into. It seemed to have belonged to a baby. I mean the decorations were that of a nursery. From the blue crib to the teddy bear on the floor, you'd think a baby slept in there. I feel terribly sorry for the woman who had Ian's child.

The throbbing pain in my stomach causes me to clench the bed sheet. The tears in my eyes fall freely as I try to hold in a cry of agony.

Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound of the alarm echoes through the dark room and relief fills my aching stomach as Ian loosens his grip. It's as if a weight has been lifted off my stomach.

"Morning babe." Ian plants a soft kiss on my lips and the more he does this the more I'm used to it. I'm too afraid to fight him so I just deal with it. I know in my heart that I'll never love him.

"Did you have a son?" I say while wiping my eyes. It still hurts to sit up so I just lay still.

"No, why do you ask?"

"Just curious..." I intertwine my fingers as I trail off.

"Ohhhh I get it." He turns to face me, smirking widely as he casually caresses my delicate hand. "You want to know more about me. Ugh, how could I be so stupid?" I can tell he's talking more to himself than to me so I continue my silence.

"Well...let's see...For starters, my name is Ian Hunt and I'm 26 years old. I'm an electrical engineer for my company, Hunt Electrical Inc., and my favorite color is red." His mesmerizing olive green eyes hold my stare in amusement.

So that's why he's so controlling and has so many connections. He's the owner of a billion dollar company. That explains this high tech home as well.

"I am so in love with you Ava Rose-Marie Campbell. Our family will be complete once we marry and you have my son." He speaks so bluntly and I'm immediately turned off by what he said.

Ugh, disgusting prick. I hate him.

"Something wrong?" His eyebrows furrow and I shake my head before answering.

"No." I lie and pray that he doesn't catch it.

"Ava, don't lie to me. I thought we talked about this." He shakes his head disapprovingly as I hang my head.

"It's just...We're....We're moving too fast." That's not a lie. We really are moving way too fast and the thought of marriage terrifies a commitment phobe like me. Like I said before, my longest relationship was when I was 17 and lasted for a year. His name is Chris and we're still friends after we broke up. Oh no. I wonder if he's looking for me; if anyone is looking for me it would definitely be Chris, Dana, and my parents.

"That's the way it is. We're supposed to be together forever." He gazes happily at me.

Okay, here he goes with his 'forever' bullshit again. I'll never win this argument so I change the subject.

"Is anyone looking for me?" I quickly cover my mouth, regretting the words that slipped out of my mouth like water out of a faucet. Why did I just blurt out those words?

"Ava, I've told you you're never leaving me. No one will find you because they're not going to take you away from me. I'm the only family you have." He states so calmly it causes a chill to go down my spine.

"No! Stop saying that!" I shout with tears in my eyes. I don't know which is worse at the moment, my broken rib or the pain of never seeing my family and friends again.

"I thought I told you not to raise your voice at me!" His huge hand engulfs my chin as he pulls me closer to his face. Our noses are touching and to say I'm uncomfortable would be an understatement.

"I just want to go home." I whisper before crying like a 3 year old who just fell off their bike. Yes I miss my family, yes I miss my friends, yes I miss my life, and yes I miss my freedom.

"I'm sorry but you know that can't happen. If you won't let them go then I will for you." His olive eyes turn dark as he threatens. I'm not quite sure what he means but what I am sure of the threat he just directed at me. He can threaten me  all day but I know I'll never let them go.

Please remember the characters are fictional and the company name is something I made up. I do understand that there is a company somewhere out there with that same name so I apologize if I "stole" someone's business name. I'm only writing and these ideas come from my mind.

Vote, comment, fan. Thanks for reading. :D

Love,

Naya