Chapter 25

Chapter 25. Thanks for the continued support. *Hugs*

Vote, comment, fan and enjoy.

And if you see mistakes just let me know so I can correct them. :D

Love,

Naya

After I changed out of my torn and bloody clothing I felt refreshed and still dirty at the same time. I was really looking forward to that shower though.

"You look... better." He stares at me in awe and I shift uncomfortably under his gaze. "Thanks." I push a few strands of hair behind my ear and smile timidly.

He clears his throat. "Le- let's get going." He stutters while opening the window."Ladies first." He extends his arm to the window while taking a small bow.

I giggle before positioning myself in front of the window. Why did I just giggle? I haven't done that in so long it feels foreign to me. He helps me lift my left leg up and over the window. Okay, one leg out, one more to go.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be here until morning?" A male voice speaks.

Our heads snap to the door.

"Who's your dad talking to?" I whisper. But all Jared gives me is a shrug. He holds his finger to his mouth, telling me to stay silent.

"I came as soon as you called. You know I'd never let my Ava roam around all by herself. Where is she?"

My whole body tenses at that voice and the sound of my name. This isn't real.

"Shit. It's Ian." Jared pushes me out the window and before I can react I fall forwards, kissing the grass. The next sound is his Vans hitting the ground with a loud thud as he lands perfectly on his feet. Quickly taking my hand, he scoops me up effortlessly.

I'm a bit winded but I know we have to keep moving so I put one foot in front of the other and start a brisk run with Jared.

The sudden sound of the door slamming against the wall makes us jump. We're about 5 feet away from his window when we hear:

"Why the fuck did you let her escape!" His voice booms through Jared's room amd spills out into the night.

"Come on." He pulls me and I stumble a bit but I never lose his grip. Our heavy breathing pants in unison as my hair bounces in rhythm with our loud steps.

I'm really trying to move faster but my legs are slowly adjusting to running again. The last time I ran was my senior year at Lochfield high. I won first place in the 800 for 5 of our 7 meets. I don't mean to brag but I was good. Damn good. But once I went off to University of Nevada Las Vegas I stopped running to focus on my studies. For a minute I thought I'd lost my charm but it's coming back and I'm taking full advantage.

"Good..job...keeping up." He wheezes out and I smile. He thought I'd be slow but no. Not a chance because I'm currently taking the lead while we still hold hands. The adrenaline pumping through my veins is so immense that it ignites a sudden burst of energy, causing me to press forward.

"Thanks." I frown and cover my mouth when a sickness comes over me. I feel it pass as quickly as it came so I ignore it.

The roaring sound of thunder in the dark sky causes me to jump. I hate thunder but I have to keep going.

"He won't...get...to you." He reassures me, while he's clearly out of breath.

And right as those words slip out, the night sky illuminates from the powerful strike of lightning and it suddenly dawns on me. He never did answer my earlier question. Why is he so bent on helping me? In fact, I've had so many running through my mind but I have to ask the most important and obvious one. The one question I should've asked when he told me Ian was coming tonight.