Chapter 23

Whew! I'm whipping these chapters out like a horny couple whips out babies! X] But seriously, it took way longer than I thought. It's currently 4:51 a.m so pardon any mistakes and sorry for the short length. Here's chapter 23! Enjoy. :D

Vote, fan, and comment.

Love,

Naya

While I'm leaning against the hard tree trunk my breathing steadies to slow, quiet breaths. Realizing that I still have the heavy bag over my shoulder, I decide to get a drink. I take it off my shoulder and pull out a cool bottle of Dasani. The cool, refreshing liquid slides down my throat and I sigh with happiness. I drink until there's nothing but air bubbles left. I frown and put the cap on the bottle. Wow, I was thirsty. The sweat trickles down my forehead and I swiftly wipe it off. I should have known it'd be hot; it's early July of course, but I didn't expect to get this tired and sweaty so quickly. I make a mental note I'll definitely need a shower later on.

I hear the low sound of rustling in the woods and I freeze like a statue before slowly stepping sideways. The sound gets louder as my trembling body starts backing away. I yelp when I suddenly loose my footing and start falling backwards. My first reaction is to grab onto the edge and hold on for dear life so that's what I do. I try to hoist myself up but my arms feel like jello and I'm still a little weak from running so I hang limply while my legs flail around for some type of ledge. This is just dandy, there's nothing for my feet to stand on. Ugh. I feel my left arm slip off and hang loosely, then the bag starts to slide off my shoulder down my left arm. Shit. I try to hold the bag but it's so heavy and unbalanced that my right arm starts to slide against the dirt as well. I realize that I have to let go of the bag if I don't want to fall. So I use my elbow to dig into the soil before I let go of the bag.

It takes about 5 seconds to fall before I hear a loud thud. So it is a hole. Okay, I got that, but how deep is it and what's it doing here? My nails start to dig into the dirt covered ground as I start sliding backwards. My elbow isn't doing to good of a job. All of the weight on it is really painful. I'm getting a cramp so use my might to swing my left arm up and I dig my nails into the dirt. So now both of my arms are gripping the ground tightly.

Should I yell for help?

"Ahh!" I can't hold on for long but I don't want to yell and risk getting caught. I don't think I have a choice right now because for each minute I wait, the closer I am to falling in the hole. "Help me! Someone please help!" I yell while still holding onto the edge as if my life depended on it. I panic when I see a large furry animal run towards me. The moonlight shines on it's black and golden fur as it sniffs my arms with it's wet nose. I'm frozen with fear when it's loud bark echoes through the large woodland.

"Please don't bite me doggy." I plead with it and it cocks it's head to the side before barking again. I close my eyes and swallow dryly. I've always been terrified of dogs ever since Chris' Pitt attacked me when I was 9. He named it Tucker and even though the bite was minimal to him it was severe to me. I cried nonstop and when I went to the hospital Chris was right by my side with some ring pops and a brown teddy bear his parents gave him for his birthday. In fact, I still have it in my room on my bed. I smile at that memory. Even when we were 9 he was a sweetheart.

"What is it girl?" I open my eyes to see a tall man with a gut and a beard come into my view. His eyes widen in shock when he sees me slipping so he runs over to me and pulls me up.

We both fall back and my chest heaves as I turn on my back. "Thank...you..." I say, in between breaths. The dog steps into the moonlight and starts licking me so I start backing away.