Chapter 38

Chapter 38 Un-edited

Sorry for the wait and any mistakes you see. I'm sick and I updated for you guys so you're welcome lol. Anyway vote, comment, and fan! :D Thanks for all of the love so far. <3

Love,

                 Naya <3

The doctor prescribed me some pain medication that won't harm the baby and told me how to treat my wrist. Unfortunately, the stupid brand, my black and blue bruises, and my emotional scars aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They'll be constant physical reminders of the mental, emotional and physical abuse I was subjected to during my time with the man I loathe, the monster of my dreams, Ian Hunt. 

I was given ointment for the scrapes and cuts on my face, arms  and legs. It felt good to have an actual trusted doctor treat you. When I was captive with Ian I was so desperate for medical attention that I didn't question whether or not the doctor was reputable. But now it's different because I'm dealing with someone I know I can trust. 

"Here's your dinner." Nurse Kate places a plate on my table.  

"Yum." I hum in satisfaction as I inhale the inviting aroma of steamed vegetables, brown rice, baked chicken and a dinner roll. My appetite's been imbalanced ever since I've been with Ian. I was only allowed to eat at certain times but now I can satisfy most of these cravings flowing through me.

"I'll get your discharge papers ready." She smiles before exiting. I'm going home? 

"Ah, finally!" I shout happily. I've over stayed my welcome and now it's time for me to leave as speedily as possible.

Jared strolls in with his hands in his pockets and stops at the foot of my bed, smirking wildly at me.

"You got me to talk so stop smirking at me." I roll my eyes while taking a bite of the dull, unseasoned vegetables. Yeah, I hate hospitals.

"Low sodium diet?" He smiles at me.

"Don't." I point a forkful of food at him while chewing the tasteless chicken. They gave me this bland meal because they're monitoring my blood pressure, and if I have too much salt then it goes up, which could be bad for the baby. 

"Okay, okay." He chuckles. "So what did the detectives say?" 

I basically told him what they told me, "They're working on building a case against him and they gave me their card to call if I needed anything." I try the rice and I'm reminded why I hate brown rice. It tastes like vomit, and I've been too familiar with that taste.

"That's it?" He looks puzzled before folding his arms and rubbing his chin. 

I nod while pushing my plate forward. I've taken three bites and I'm already done. I'll eat when I get home.

"Wow." 

"What's up? Is something wrong?" I avert my eyes from the awful plate of food to him.

"It just seems unusual to me, that's all. It's probably no big deal though." He shrugs and I begin to wonder what he isn't telling me. Maybe there's nothing to tell. I mean his dad is a cop after all, and if he thinks there's a problem with them he'd tell me, so it must not be a big deal.

"Oh...Okay. So um, where is everybody?" I want them here when the nurse comes with my discharge papers.

"Dana and your parents went to the cafeteria to get something to eat." 

"What time is it?" 

"It's 7:30 p.m." He says before sitting in the chair beside my bed. It's almost eight, so I've been here for seven and a half hours. And how long does it take to get discharge papers ready?